Paypal Donation never record payment as "paid"

• Martin Boire
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #134375 by Martin Boire
We are receiving donations on our sire pretty regularly through Paypal, but not a single one of them results as "paid" which makes it laborious to check if the donation was actually done or if the donor interrupted the process.

I have done several test donations myself, which I paid and completed but they still result as not paid.

Is there something Paypal has changed or that we have failed to do in Paypal for it to mark successful donations as paid?
I read the documentation but could not find any reference to it nor I could find a similar issue in the forum.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #134376 by Mr. Dam
Hi Martin,
Could you please submit ticket on category Joom Donation and provide your site url with super admin account. I will check and solve the issue with Paypal payment gateway for you.
Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 10 months ago #134406 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic Paypal Donation never record payment as "paid"
I have the same issue with Stripe Checkout

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

More
3 years 10 months ago #134408 by Mr. Dam
Hi spitjack,
Please send me your Stripe Webhook url and events?
Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #134414 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic Paypal Donation never record payment as "paid"
Sending via ticket

EDIT: Taking your hint I note the webhook URL was from a test page, just updated to the SEF url of the page hosting the form.
EDIT2: Setting the webhook URL to the SEF url of the form page did NOT work.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by spitjack. Reason: added detail

• Martin Boire
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #134416 by Martin Boire
Replied by Martin Boire on topic Paypal Donation never record payment as "paid"
Will do.

• Martin Boire
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #134421 by Martin Boire
Replied by Martin Boire on topic Paypal Donation never record payment as "paid"

Mr. Dam wrote: Hi Martin,
Could you please submit ticket on category Joom Donation and provide your site url with super admin account. I will check and solve the issue with Paypal payment gateway for you.
Thanks
Dam

Hi Dam, yesterday I discovered the Paypal IPN was somehow turned off (I am not the only one with access). I have a feeling that would do the trick wouldn't it?

In any case, before I open a ticket and take up your time, I am going to track the lifecycle of 3 donations that came in overnight.
All 3 were completed, one was marked "Paid" but the other two were not. However I want to wait until there is no doubt that they were not processed properly.

I'll open the ticket if those donation remain not paid even after they clear Paypal.

More
3 years 10 months ago #134598 by Mr. Dam
Hi Martin,
It seems the Paypal payment method is working well on your Donation system, please let me know if you need any further help
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt