Wrong Paypal ID

• gclucky365
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5820 by gclucky365
Wrong Paypal ID was created by gclucky365
I setup Joom Donation with the wrong Paypal Id (I was missing a letter in the spelling of the email address) and it still accepted the payment, created a paypal transaction Id even though the paypal account does not exist.

First, where did the money go. I went to paypal id and put in a junk Paypal ID just to see how the component would handle it and it brought up that junk store name ready to complete the transaction. How does this work exactly and again where does the money go when this mistake has been made

Secondly, I do have the transaction ID so can I move the payments into the correct paypal accounts.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5828 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Wrong Paypal ID
Hi

There is no way for the extension to check that the Paypal ID belongs to you or someone else, so the donation process still happens if the wrong Paypal ID which you entered existed at Paypal (although it belongs to someone else).

When someone donate for you, they will be redirected to Paypal to process payment. Paypal handles the payment process, not Joom Donation. The payment will be sent to the Paypal ID which you configured in Paypal Payment plugin in the extension .

If the paypal ID you entered is correct (It is a correct Paypal account), the payment will be processed .

If the paypal ID you entered is incorrect (It is not a valid Paypal account), paypal will show the errors and the payment will be processed.

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

One note :

There is no way for Joom Donation (or any application, extension) knows that a Paypal account belong to You or Belong to Someone else. So If you entered a wrong Paypal ID in the configuration of the extension, the donated money will be tranfered to the Paypal account you entered .

In this case, to get the money back, you need to contact the owner of the wrong Paypal account (or contact Paypal) to get your money back .

Thanks,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt