recurring donation not showing campaign in paypal

• Erin Fernandez
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #2333 by Erin Fernandez
Hi, I just realized that the transaction ID for recurring donations that can be seen in the CSV in donation manager in joomla backend does not match the paypal transaction ID that can be found in paypal backend.
Do you know if there is anyway to fix this?

The one time donation transaction IDs DO match paypal transaction ID though - so those are working well.

Also, in paypal reports, Recurring Donations don't show what campaign they are associated with. All other donations I have do show the campaign which is critical for accounting to know where money is designated. Any idea how this can be resolved?

I attached a file exported from paypal (with names and email addresses removed) that shows how the recurring donation does not show what category the donation was made for.

Thanks So Much again! your customer service has been outstanding!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2334 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:recurring donation not showing campaign in paypal
Hi
Right now, the system only create a donation record for recurring donation . Whenever a payment made for recurring, the system only update total donation amount, don't create a new donation record, that is why the transaction ID diffirent . I am thinking of changing the way it works so that whenever a new payment made, we will create new donation record .

For example, if you make a weekly donation :

1. At the time you donate, a new donation record created .
2. Next week, when the payment for recurring donation occurs, the system will create a new donation record
3. And so on....

(Right now, only one donation record created) .

Hope my explanation is clear to you. Right now, I am working on theme engine so that it will be easier for customers (or other developers) to create more attractive theme for donation form . I will work on recurring improvement after that .

Thanks ,
Tuan

• Erin Fernandez
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #2335 by Erin Fernandez
Replied by Erin Fernandez on topic Re:recurring donation not showing campaign in paypal
That would be great if and when you have the time to do that. It would sure allow accounting to reconcile monthly income better. That seems to be the way paypal makes records for those recurring donations.

One question went unanswered though, did you see how the campaign the recurring donation is meant for is not showing up in the paypal reports under item title? Accounting is unable to know what the donation was desingated for when the get reports from paypal.

Thanks again

More
14 years 3 months ago #2336 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:recurring donation not showing campaign in paypal
Yes . I will check that as well .

Thanks ,
Tuan

• Erin Fernandez
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #2378 by Erin Fernandez
Replied by Erin Fernandez on topic Re:recurring donation not showing campaign in paypal
I know you are/were working on other things- just wanted to touch base to see when you might have time for the 2 issues above? Just need to give our accounting department some type of timeline.
Thank you very much again

• Erin Fernandez
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #2407 by Erin Fernandez
Not trying to drive you crazy and I know you are/were working on other things- just wanted to touch base to see when you might have time for the 2 issues above? Just need to give our accounting department some type of timeline.
Thank you very much again

• Erin Fernandez
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #2503 by Erin Fernandez
Hi, wondering if you have had any time to work on having recurring donations only record in donation management when the donation is made? toquote you:
For example, if you make a weekly donation :

1. At the time you donate, a new donation record created .
2. Next week, when the payment for recurring donation occurs, the system will create a new donation record
3. And so on....

(Right now, only one donation record created) .
Thanks

More
14 years 2 months ago #2504 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi
As explained, for current version, there will be only one record for recurring donation . When a new payment of this recurring payment happend, you will receive notification email and the donation amount of this recurring donation will be updated. In the next version, I will have a config option alllow you to choose to create new donation record or not. Right now, I am focusing on some advanced feature like theme engine, the ability to choose different custom fields for each campaign....

Thanks,
Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt