Paypal "Donation" language instead of "payment"

• Erin Fernandez
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #1999 by Erin Fernandez
Paypal "Donation" language instead of "payment" was created by Erin Fernandez
Hi, I use a paypal account for my online store and the same account for my donation website. Since donations are not income and the store is, I need a way for accounting to be able to log into paypal and be able to differentiate between donations and payments.

I use paypal Website Payments Standard.

Unfortunately, when a donation comes through using Joomla Donation, it is listed on paypal as "Payment From" instead of "Donation".
If I were to have made a donation button using paypal's button creator and put it on my site, donations would come through and would be recorded on paypal as "donations". Also, using the paypal donation button, the language changes on they paypal site and it says things like "please make your donation", "thank you for your donation" ...etc rather than "make your payment", "thank you for your payment" ...etc as it does using Joomla Donation.

Is there anyway to change it so that when someone makes a donation using Joomla Donation, it comes across to paypal as a donation rather than a payment? (just as using a paypal donation button would?)

Thanks in advance (again)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Erin Fernandez
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #2092 by Erin Fernandez
Replied by Erin Fernandez on topic Re: Paypal "Donation" language instead of "payment"
Hi - any chance you had time to answer this question?
thanks in advance.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2093 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Paypal "Donation" language instead of "payment"
Hi
Since Joom Donation used Paypal IPN for processing payment, we could not change the text from "Payment From" into Donation . It is impossible in this case .

Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt