Problem with IE 6 and IE 7

• Debra Elliott
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #1738 by Debra Elliott
Problem with IE 6 and IE 7 was created by Debra Elliott
I purchased and installed Joom Donation on Joomla 1.5.14. It seems that on IE v6 and v7 the page will not open. It is sporadic on v7 and will never open on v6. IE gives the message: "Internet Explorer cannot open .... Operation aborted."

I have verified that I am not having any connectivity issues. All other pages on my site (which includes other components) open just fine. All other browsers work just fine as well.
I've tested Firefox, Chrome and Safari on windows XP and Vista.

I really need you help to get this working on both IE 6 and 7 and those are the most commonly used browsers for view websites still.

Please let me know if you can help. The website is:

www.deanmadere.org

The button to your component is "Contribute".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #1739 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Problem with IE 6 and IE 7
Hi
This must be a problem with your site (template , javascript....) because none of clients reported this issue before . Also , If you check our demo site , It works with all browsers .
This problem is using cause by javascript . We need FTP account and Joomla administrator account to check and fix it for you . Please send the information to contact@joomservices.com . We will check and fix it shortly .
Regards,
Ossolution Team

More
14 years 5 months ago #1740 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I checked the client site , the is a javascript in the code of his template . I fixed the issues and now It works properly .
Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

More
14 years 5 months ago #1775 by Martin Boire
Replied by Martin Boire on topic Re:Problem with IE 6 and IE 7
Could you guys be so kind to let us know how you fixed the issue? I think we have exactly the same problem: donations work great in Firefox (except for the silly character limit in the emails...) but apparently not in IE.

Indeed, we have Javascript in the template. Lots of it. It's a Joomla website, there are usually at least 10 scripts per page. Can you give us a hint on how you fixed it?

More
14 years 4 months ago #1782 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi
Could you give us your site URL so that we can have a look at it to see the issues ?
Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt