JoomDonation 2.1 Recurring donation issue

• Jason B
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #1427 by Jason B
I purchased and downloaded JoomDonation 2.1. Already have it up and running on my site. It works great on the front end...and took very little time to configure. On the backend, I am experiencing some bugs.

1. Recurring donations. If someone signs up for a recurring donation and you go into their donation on teh backend to edit the details (for example, link the donor to a user on the site), the recurring details vanish and the edit turns it into a one time payment in the Donor Management screen. Everything is fine in the paypal account, but the Donor Management screen has converted that recurring donation to a one time payment.

2. Recurring donations do not impact campaigns as a grand total over the entire term of the donation, only the first payment is applied toward the total. For example, if someone donates a recurring payment of $10 for 12 months, only the first $10 impacts the donation total in Donor Management or the Campaigns Module, not the full $120 donation.

3. If a donor cancels his or her donation thru Payal, does the change automatically happen in JoomDonation too? Or do you need to manually fix it?

Thanks again for the great component and modules!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1428 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:JoomDonation 2.1 Recurring donation issue
Hi
Thanks for reporting the issues . Here are our answers to your questions :

Recurring donations. If someone signs up for a recurring donation and you go into their donation on teh backend to edit the details (for example, link the donor to a user on the site), the recurring details vanish and the edit turns it into a one time payment in the Donor Management screen. Everything is fine in the paypal account, but the Donor Management screen has converted that recurring donation to a one time payment

=> I will check this issue and get back to you soon .

2 .Recurring donations do not impact campaigns as a grand total over the entire term of the donation, only the first payment is applied toward the total. For example, if someone donates a recurring payment of $10 for 12 months, only the first $10 impacts the donation total in Donor Management or the Campaigns Module, not the full $120 donation

=> Let me explain how it work by using the example you given . In the first month , the donation total is $10 . The second month , when the second payment for recurring donation occur , the total amount will be updated to $20 automatically . And so on ....

3 .If a donor cancels his or her donation thru Payal, does the change automatically happen in JoomDonation too? Or do you need to manually fix it?

As explained in #2 , the donation total only updated when the payment occur , so no need to do anything when users cancel payment through Paypal . If they cancel payment after 2 months , the donation total is $20 . In this case , It does works correctedly and as expected .

Hope my explaination is clear to you . If you have any other questions , please don't hesitate to ask us .

Regards ,
Ossolution Team

More
14 years 8 months ago #1429 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:JoomDonation 2.1 Recurring donation issue
Hi
The bug #1 was fixed in version 2.2 of Joom Donation .
Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt