Three questions

• Heidi Thiess
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #1023 by Heidi Thiess
Three questions was created by Heidi Thiess
I just purchased Donation for a PAC and would like to purchase it for a few more PAC websites. But before I do, I have three questions:

1. When will recurring donations be available? This is crucial to our non-profit.

2. I noticed on this site that when I filled out the form to pay for Donation, that it did not create an account for me on this website. I had to go through another form. Is that par for the course? (I'm using JomSocial to manage user accounts) I'd like users who have an account on my site NOT have to fill out a donation form again, and I'd like someone who donates to automatically have an account on my website. Is that possible?

3. I cannot install the plugin for JomSocial. I get the following error:

* It was not possible to copy the selected file.
* JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /home/arccomm/public_html/tmp/install_49f1c0d20a216/jdonation/jdonation.php to /home/arccomm/public_html/plugins/community/jdonation.php

* Install Plugin Error

Is this a file permission issue on my server, or is there some other reason why the plugin won't install?

Thank you for any assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #1028 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Three questions
Hi
Thanks for interested in Joom Donation extension . Here are our answers to your questions :

1. When will recurring donations be available? This is crucial to our non-profit.

Currently, we are working on recurring feature of Joom
Donation . We will have this feature ready on monday next week.

2. I noticed on this site that when I filled out the form to pay for Donation, that it did not create an account for me on this website. I had to go through another form. Is that par for the course? (I'm using JomSocial to manage user accounts) I'd like users who have an account on my site NOT have to fill out a donation form again, and I'd like someone who donates to automatically have an account on my website. Is that possible?

Currently, If user logged in and your site uses Community Builder, the data in donation form ( Like firstname, lastname....) will be auto filled from data stored in user's profile in CB, so users will not have to enter data in donation form again( this feature called CB integration feature ) . This feature is not available for JomSocial yet, we will add it to the next release of Joom Donation . Joomla account will not be created automatically . The data which users enter in donation form simply stored in database so that you can manage their data from back-end of the extension .

* Install Plugin Error
Is this a file permission issue on my server, or is there some other reason why the plugin won't install?

I think that this is permission issue with your site . We tried to install it many time and it did works . If you cannot install the plugin, give us your site infos so that we can install it for you .

Regards,
Ossolution Team

• Heidi Thiess
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1105 by Heidi Thiess
Replied by Heidi Thiess on topic Re:Three questions
Where can I download the updated version of Joom Donation? I am excited that it now includes recurring donations! As soon as I check it out on my current site, I will be able to buy more.

More
15 years 1 week ago #1110 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Three questions
Hi
Currently, recurring donation is not available in Joom Donation yet . We are working hard to have this feature in the extension . We will inform you when the feature completed .
Regards,
Ossolution Team

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt