06th July 2022- New version 5.9.7

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #152616 by Mr. Dam
06th July 2022- New version 5.9.7 was created by Mr. Dam
The Joom Donation developer team are proud to announce the release of Joom Donation 5.9.7. This is a eighth release for the 5.9.x series of Joom Donation with new improvements and bugs fixed.
What's new in Joom Donation 5.9.7
1. Provide solution to fix issue with Paypal donation type
From end of June 2021, the Paypal Donation type hasn't been working correctly. Up to now, Paypal has still solved the case, which affects websites using Joom Donation and receiving donations through Paypal. While we wait for Paypal to handle the case, we are releasing a new version of Joom Donation with a temporary fix for the above error. After installing Joom Donation 5.9.7, please go to Backend -> Joom Donation -> Payment Plugins -> Paypal. In parameter: Payment type, please select option: Normal. After that, you will able to receive donation through Paypal normally.

2. Add Paypal Standard Checkout payment gateway
This plugin allows you to use PayPal Standard Checkout payment gateway option for processing payment in Joom Donation extension. Set up standard payments on your checkout page so your buyers can donate with PayPal, debit and credit cards, Pay Later options, Venmo, and alternative payment methods.

In additional, this payment gateway accept payments in multiple countries and currencies. developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/payment-methods/
To use Paypal Standard Checkout payment gateway, you need to register Client ID and Client Secret. Please following this documentation to get the way to retrieve those credentials on your Paypal account: www.knowband.com/blog/tips/get-paypal-client-id-secret/
You can purchase Paypal STC through this link: joomdonation.com/payment-plugins/joom-do...payment-plugins.html

3. Improve JD Payfast
From this version, JD Payfast supports recurring donation

4. Fix issues in previous versions

Thanks
Ossolution
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #153411 by Jeremy
Replied by Jeremy on topic 06th July 2022- New version 5.9.7
Ive updated to JD version 5.9.8 and it's awesome. I have tried to update PayPal Pro 2.0, but it still says version 1.0 in the app. so I don't know if the right version is actually uploaded. I have uninstalled the Paypal Pro and reinstalled the newer download version you had available in my downloads which says 2.0, but on the website in the control panel it still says version 1.0.

Thanks,
JT

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 7 months ago #153414 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 06th July 2022- New version 5.9.7
Hi Jeremy,
Could you please re-download Paypal Pro payment gateway and install it through Joom Donation again.
I will wait for your response.
Thanks
Dam

More
1 year 7 months ago #153429 by Jeremy
Ok cool it is now showing 2.0 and I see the extra things it has that 1.0 did not have. So do you believe that this will fix the not able to process issues they were having?

Thanks JT

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 7 months ago #153437 by Mr. Dam
Hi Jeremy,
You can try it and see the result. Remember that the Paypal Pro payment gateway can only be used in US, UK and Canada
Thanks
Dam

More
1 year 7 months ago #153611 by Jeremy
We are in Texas in the US, but it is still not letting anyone process any payments. We need to get this fixed asap as they have a huge fundraiser coming up and users cannot donate. Thanks for your help in the direction of the urgent matter. Whats next to try to get this fixed?

Kindest Regards,
JT

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #153616 by Mr. Dam
Hi Jeremy,
You mean that you still can't make donation through Paypal? Could you please submit new ticket on category Joom Donation and provide your site url with super admin account so i can check the issue for you?
Thanks
Dam
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Mr. Dam.