• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156214 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Helpdesk Pro version 5.2.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Customers

Today, I'm happy to announce the release of Helpdesk Pro version 5.2.0 with the following changes and improvements

1. PHP 8.2 Compatible
- Raise minimum PHP requirements to PHP 7.4.0 .
- Work done to make the extension fully compatible with PHP 8.2. So it is now compatible with PHP 7.4, PHP 8.0, PHP 8.1 and PHP 8.2
- Code quality improvement

2. Improve Reply Via Email Feature
- Update dependency libraries to make sure the features work well with all supported PHP version listed above
- Added two new parameters Ignore Subjects  and Ignore Emails to allow ignoring emails contains certain words in the subjects or come from certain emails.

3. Improve Frontend Tickets Management
- Added a parameter to Manage Tickets menu item type to allow exporting tickets from frontend of your site.

4. Other Small Improvements
-  Support [COMMENTS]  tag in email messages.
- Support utf8mb4 encoding for new installation. It is useful in case we want to use symbols, newly introduced emojis... in support ticket messages. For existing installation, if you want to use utf8mb4 endcoding for Helpdesk Pro, login to administrator area of your site and access to this URL domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...l.convert_to_utf8mb4 (replace domain.com/administrator  with administrator URL of your site)

Please update your site to this updated package of Helpdesk Pro to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our product and support our development

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #156245 by Frank K.
Replied by Frank K. on topic Helpdesk Pro version 5.2.0 released
Hi Tuan,
Trying to run the utf8mb4 on my installation (Joomla 4.2.7) gives me this error:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

/Frank

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156250 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Helpdesk Pro version 5.2.0 released
Hi Frank

Sorry, there was a small typo in the code. I fixed it. Please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package, upgrade it to your site and try again. It will work OK

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 1 month ago #156739 by zero alpha
Replied by zero alpha on topic Helpdesk Pro version 5.2.0 released
I get this error from trying to update from my admin panel:

Error connecting to the server: 403
Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.
You are strongly advised to make a backup of your site's files and database before you start updating.
danger
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_dm...ckage&document_id=67 .

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #156740 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

There are two possible reasons :

1. You haven't configured Download ID yet. Please go to Download IDs menu item on our website joomdonation.com/download-ids.html , get Download ID of your account, enter it into Download ID config option of Helpdesk Pro

2. Go to Extensions -> Plugins, find and make sure Installer - Helpdesk Pro plugin is enabled.

After that, try again. If update still does not work, there must be something special on your site. In this case, submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can check it

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 1 month ago #156744 by zero alpha
Replied by zero alpha on topic Helpdesk Pro version 5.2.0 released
Hello Tuan,

It works now I had the wrong Download ID. Now its on version 5.2.0

Your product is very good and I wish you have a great day!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #156749 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for confirming. Please continue using the extension. If you have any questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

We will continue working to improve the product and make it better

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc