Today, I'm happy to announce the release of Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.3 with the following changes:
1. Improve Tickets Searching
- Added two config options (which are off by default) to allow searching for tickets base on comments or custom fields: Enable Search On Comments and Enable Search On Custom Fields.
2. Improve Attachments Handling
Prevent submitting ticket/comment while attachments (in case it is large or there are multiple attachments) are still being uploaded. That's to make sure attachment for ticket/comments are not lost.
3. Added option to disable keyboard shortcuts
The extension allows you to use some keyboard shortcut to allow quickly add comment to ticket using CTRL + S, CTRL + Q (was CTRL + D before), CTRL + X . If you don't want to use this option, set Use Keyboard Shortcuts config option to No
4. Some override improvements
- Allow overriding logic of sending email
- Allow overriding search logic
5. And some small bugs fixes
Please update your site to this latest package of Helpdesk Pro to use this improvements and have most stable version running on your site. Thanks for continue using our product and support our development
That would be REALLY great and HIGHLY appreciated.
I am sure others will find this feature very useful.
Especially the many users of Yootheme Pro and other page and template builders.
To be honest I think helpdesk pro has great potential as a form builder because it actually is a great form builder AND handles incoming messages wayyy better than most form builders. Furthermore, it is preferable to have only one system installed to handle messages from forms no matter if they are helpdesk or related to CTA, Inquiries etc.
Again ... I really appreciate you listening to our idéas and being open to improve your great extensions
Honestly, Helpdesk Pro won't try to become form builder. It should be used to handle support requests only. For form builders, there are better candidates with Drag and Drop support and should be used to build form instead of using Helpdesk Pro as a Form Builder.