[17-August-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.1 released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145780 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Customers

Today, I'm happy to announce the release of Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.0 with the following improvements:

1. Re-worked on the layout

- Clean, optimized layout structure + css code.
- Fully compatible with Joomla 4 which will be released on 17th August 2021, in the next few days.

2. Improve routing

- Finally, I'm able to implement fully support for SEF for knowledge base categories and articles in the extension.

3. Re-worked Javascript code

- Reduce dependency with jQuery, library, try to use vanilla js as much as possible for better performance. The plan is fully de-couple the extension from using jQuery (like Joomla4 core extensions)
- Reworked on edit comment feature to use vanilla js instead of using bootstrap editable script. Works better, faster and avoid conflict in case your site template is built base on twitter bootstrap 3, twitter bootstrap 4 or UIKIT.
- Re-worked on showing images in the attachments of ticket: using better library which works for both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4, support keyboard navigation in case there are multiple images.
- Support short cut for quicker submit form while adding comment to a ticket:

+ CTRL + S for adding comment and redirect back to Tickets List
+ CTRL + X for adding comment and close ticket
+ CTRL + D for adding comment and stay on the same page.

As you can see, there have been many changes to the extension, especially to the layout part. So this release is backward incompatible (in case you customized layout of the extension before). So before updating to this release, please make a full backup copy of your current site so that in case something wrong, you can rollback to earlier version (or remove the override layouts which you made and everything will work well

I'm so happy with this release. Please consider updating your site to this latest release to use these nice improvements. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development. We will continue working hard to make it better

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben, Alison, Ralph Castelberg, Zoe White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ralph Castelberg
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145792 by Ralph Castelberg
Replied by Ralph Castelberg on topic [09-August-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.0 released
Had to clear browser cache (Ctrl + F5) but after that ist the update working great.
Thank you.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Ralph Castelberg.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145793 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [09-August-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.0 released
Yes. There are many changes to javascript files and css files, so please clear browser cache (Ctrl + F5) and it will work well

I'm glad it is working as expected for you now. As I said, I'm happy with the improvements in this version

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145796 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [09-August-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.0 released
I just updated download package on server which added version number to the css and js URL so that when you install new version, you won't have to clear browser cache (and your users won't have to do it, too) to see the changes from new version

So if you updated the extension before, please access to My Downloads menu item, re-download the package and upgrade it to your site avoid having to clear browser cache

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145897 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [17-August-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.1 released
Since the release of 5.0.0, there were some minor issues found and I fixed it. So I released version 5.0.1 which includes these fixes and have the validation engine which we are using in the extension to latest version to have it fully compatible Joomla 4

Please update your site to this latest version of Helpdesk Pro to have most stable version running on your site

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
2 years 7 months ago #146037 by Joeri Franck
Replied by Joeri Franck on topic [17-August-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.1 released
After the update

Almost all french tickets are closed or seems to be disapeared.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146038 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [17-August-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.1 released
I don't think so. By default, the system only show New and Pending tickets to administrator

So on Tickets Management screen, please look at Ticket Status filter dropdown, select All from there and you should see the missing tickets

Tuan

More
2 years 7 months ago #146039 by Joeri Franck
Replied by Joeri Franck on topic [17-August-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 5.0.1 released
No really.. But i think,.. autoclose never worked for me,.. Now a lot of old "new" tickets are set to "closed"

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146040 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ah, Yes. There was a bug related to auto close tickets plugin fixed, so auto close should work now

That mean if you enable that plugin, by default, tickets without any actions in 14 days will be closed (Number Days , 14 by default, could be changed in plugin parameters)

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc