[30-June-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 4.3.0 released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 9 months ago #145039 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Helpdesk Pro, version 4.3.0 with the following improvements:

1. Improve Assign Tickets plugin
You can now choosing the field which will be used to display staff information in staffs dropdown when assigning ticket. You can choose form username, name, email (username is default for backward compatible)

2. Improve Default Tickets Status Filter
By default, when Admin/Manage/Staff access to tickets Management screen, the system will only show the tickets which they have to work on (Pending and New Tickets). In this new version, we added a new config option to allow choosing ticket statuses which tickets will be shown by default (so, it's more flexible). The config option called Manage Tickets Default Status Filters in case you want to use it.

3. Improve Ticket Updated Notification
Added a new config option called Notify Other Managers When A Manager Reply. If set it to Yes, when admin/manager reply to a ticket, the notification will be sent to other managers.

4. Modernize Codebase
We improved the code of the Helpdesk Pro to use namespace Joomla classes (use in Joomla! from 3.9.0), that would give a litle performance improvement, and more important, easier to maintain code

5. Compatible with Joomla 4 RC3 and PHP 8
The extension is now tested and compatible with Joomla 4 RC3 and PHP 8. So if you plan to use Joomla 4 or use PHP 8 in the future, the extension is already compatible. 

Please update your site to latest version of the extension to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #145045 by Frank K.
Hi Tuan,
Thanks a lot! I like the new flexibility when assigning tickets a lot. Next improvement could be to show the selected field also in the form on the frontend. There, it is still only the username that is shown.

Frank

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 9 months ago #145050 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [30-June-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 4.3.0 released
That makes sense. But what form you are talking about? Could you show me a screenshot?

Tuan

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #145095 by Frank K.
Hi Tuan,
Please find a screenshot attached. My Support Tickets....
The arrow shows the username although I selected a different field.

Frank
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Frank K..

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 9 months ago #145104 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [30-June-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 4.3.0 released
Hi Frank

Added some code to support that. The setting is now moved to configuration.

Please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package, upgrade it to your site. Then you can go to Helpdesk Pro -> Configuration, change Staff Display Field config option to the field you want and it should work well

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 9 months ago #145105 by Frank K.
Hi Tuan!
Really great!! Thanks a lot :-)

Frank

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 9 months ago #145106 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Frank. Please update me with the result after you used it. I modified code quickly without testing, but it should be fine !

Tuan

More
2 years 9 months ago #145107 by Frank K.
Hi Tuan,
On first look it works as expected. Thanks!
Frank

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 9 months ago #145119 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for confirming, Frank

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc