Enable Joomla groups to access all their tickets?

• John McNeill
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #28483 by John McNeill
We have many customers who only have one primary user of HelpDesk Pro; however, we have several groups who need access to all tickets submitted by that Joomla group.

For example, we have multiple consultants belonging to one company-- all consultants in that company belong to one Joomla user group. How can I provide access authorization to all tickets for that one company/Joomla group?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #28515 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Enable Joomla groups to access all their tickets?
Hi John

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do that in Helpdesk Pro without customizing the code. By default, users can only access to support tickets submitted by himself. He cannot access to support ticket submitted by other users.

Tuan

More
10 years 10 months ago #31961 by Beth StMartin
Replied by Beth StMartin on topic Re: Enable Joomla groups to access all their tickets?
Hi, I am new to Joomla and helpdeskpro - did you figure out a work around for this?

More
10 years 10 months ago #31971 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Enable Joomla groups to access all their tickets?
Hi Beth

At the moment, it is still not possible to do that (and it is difficult to implement). However, there is a workaround, not sure whether it is OK for you.

Basically, we can edit the extension so that one user can access to all other tickets submitted by other users who has the same domain in the email. For example :

My email is tuanpn@joomdonation.com. I can see all support tickets submitted by other user who has email use the same domain such as support@joomdonation.com. admin@joomdonation.com...

Something like that. Will this workaround work for you ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc