Extra shipping fee for items

• Scott Johnson
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146439 by Scott Johnson
Extra shipping fee for items was created by Scott Johnson
We are using quantity shipping method in our store so that if you order 1-3 items you pay $x for shipping 4-8 items you pay $XX and so on, some of our items are larger so if you order 1 of our larger items the shipping for 1-3 does not cover the cost.  It would be nice if you had a method to set a shipping price on these items that could be added to the normal quantity shipping price, i.e. Item 101 has $5 upcharge added so when it is ordered the shipping would be $5+ the 1-3 quantity shipping price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146586 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Extra shipping fee for items
Hello Scott,

Thank you for submitting the ticket here. I read the your requirements. I think you need to use 2 shipping plugins for this:

1. Quantity Shipping plugin as you are using now. However, in the setting of Quantity Shipping, at "Disabled Products", you should choose the large items there.

2. Item Shipping plugin: You need to use this shipping plugin to calculate shipping costs for large items:

- Go to edit large items to enter shipping cost for them one by one.
- Go to edit Item Shipping plugin, at "Disabled Products", select all of other items except large items.

Does it make sense?

Sincerely, Giang

• Scott Johnson
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146598 by Scott Johnson
Replied by Scott Johnson on topic Extra shipping fee for items
Yes, indeed it does make sense and solves that problem perfectly!! Thank you I have upgraded to the latest version in order to take advantage of this capability.  I wonder if this is a possible fix for another problem I have, we sell small items that would fit into a mailing envelope and it would take 20 of them to exceed the capacity of a small shipping container, could I install a copy of the quantity shipping plugin named differently and then have different parameters for that plugin for quantity breaks and exclude all of the items not in the small items?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 6 months ago #147267 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Scott,

In the EShop package, we have already had the duplicated quantity shipping plugins. Please read more about how to get them here eshopdocs.joomservices.com/plugins-and-t...antity-shipping-plu- ...

I hope this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang

More
2 years 5 months ago #147531 by N Young
Replied by N Young on topic Extra shipping fee for items
Hello,

I'm trying to use Shipping Cost Geo Zones with the Item Shipping Plugin but the shipping cost shows as 0? The format I'm using is GeozoneID:cost
1:4|3:12|2:20|4:20

The shipping cost for all Geo zones works fine, but I can't get it to work for each geo zone.

Thanks

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #147727 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello N Young,

Did you enable the "Item Geozones Shipping" shipping plugin?

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong