Free shipping coupon

• Yuma Scott
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #120403 by Yuma Scott
Replied by Yuma Scott on topic Free shipping coupon
Any updates on this? Every time we have a new release, which is 1-3 times per month, we have free shipping. It would be nice to be able to turn this on and schedule the time it is over within the product. Please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yuma Scott
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #120682 by Yuma Scott
Any word on this? I have not updated my eshop package so I don't lose all our customizations. If this has been added, can someone update my site?

More
5 years 2 months ago #122329 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic Free shipping coupon
I can tell you that in the latest version of Eshop, there is still no free coupon for shipping. Giang is a great guy but i see the statement "ill add this in a few weeks" a lot in the forums, but its never "added in a few weeks" :( This ticket alone is 9 months old.....Seems like a simple project...add a coupon which allows the cart to detect the "shipping Amount" line item and then subtract that amount from the total....

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840

• Yuma Scott
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122355 by Yuma Scott
Hello Clifton,
Thanks for responding. Giang actually updgraded my installation manually but I think the latest is supposed to have it available.
Unfortunately, for me, it's still not ideal. It makes the entire shopping cart free shipping and I need it to work on individual items.
One work around we discussed was using the weight shipping plugin to create 0 weight which would equal no shipping cost and then assigning 0 for the weight on the item with free shipping.
This isn't quite ideal, but so far seems like it could be a viable solution.
I'm looking forward to a better solution soon.

More
5 years 2 months ago #122418 by Clifton Murphy
Yes, i tried that as well. We want to do something easy like give free shipping on orders over X dollars, but if a customer puts "assembled" products in the cart, those get charged shipping. Sending someone 25 assembled hive boxes costs me like $200 in shipping, and we charge only $16.99 each for the commercial grade boxes, so its a huge chunk of our profit margin. If the customer orders them unassembled it costs me around $60 in shipping. Im probably going to have to write a custom plugin, im just to busy to do it :(

Clifton Murphy - Owner
252-933-4840

More
4 years 5 months ago #129875 by Timothy Stephens
Replied by Timothy Stephens on topic Free shipping coupon
Was this feature ever added? If so, how do I access it? I can't seem to locate it. This would be an awesome item to utilize and my customer is requesting it specifically.

Thanks!

More
4 years 5 months ago #129876 by Clifton Murphy
Dont think so, but i could be wrong. Due to issues with the cart, development time for changes to be made, short comings in features, numerous bugs and a host of other issues, we switched to using Ecwid cart about nine months ago and could not be happier.

Clifton Murphy - Owner
252-933-4840

More
4 years 4 months ago #130233 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Free shipping coupon
You may want to look at AwoCoupon - the pro version has lots of options for coupons including free shipping coupons etc. I'm not sure if there is still a free version but perhaps have a look at this - I'm sure it can solve a lot of the problems mentioned on this thread. Dev is very helpful too if you run into difficulties. awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong