Export CSV to be useful for Advanced CSV import

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #57398 by Richard
Hi There

I have almost finished my eshop and quite proud of it so far :)

One subject that keeps popping up and giving me frustration is the fact that ADvanced CSV is very cool, and makes importing my 700+ products nice and easy BUT the export from eshop fields are not compatible tith the Advanced CSV import and have to be reformatted.

This is a little crazy. For instance, at the most basic import is a category. The category Women/Tops is the import structure for Advanced CSV import, but the eshop export only exports the category as Tops, not Women/Tops. Now this means if you have Men/Tops you will have two categorys with Tops listed in the export and not know which one is associated with each.

So my essential request is that when you do a export from eshop, it should export the correct data. Data that is directly compatible with Advanced CSV import. This would save a ton of work.

ps many other sections such as options etc have the same issue which would be amazing to have fixed :)

Regards

RIchard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #57647 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Export CSV to be useful for Advanced CSV import
Hello Richard,
Thank you for suggesting this. I think it is a great suggestion. I will take the time to import the EShop export feature to make a correct format with the CSV import.
Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob White

More
9 years 2 months ago #57977 by Bob White
Replied by Bob White on topic Export CSV to be useful for Advanced CSV import
Hi Giang
Is it possible to notify me when this feature is ready as I have a lot of new products to add and prices to update for 2015.
Best wishes
Bob

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #58027 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Export CSV to be useful for Advanced CSV import
OK Bob,
I will do that once it is ready.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 2 months ago #58392 by Davide Belletti
Replied by Davide Belletti on topic Export CSV to be useful for Advanced CSV import

Giang Dinh Truong wrote: OK Bob,
I will do that once it is ready.
Sincerely, Giang

I think it would be better to export e single product using his ID in the fields of CSV export page, so it will be very easy to add/duplicate it when you have to add similar products and import them.

I hope in this new features because I bought this plugin today but not it seems very difficult to understand for me.

More
9 years 2 months ago #58405 by Bob White
Replied by Bob White on topic Export CSV to be useful for Advanced CSV import
Hi Davide
It is easy to work on individual products in the main Eshop and you can duplicate / copy a product (see image) . What would help in the Advanced CSV if is you can export and import separate categories rather than the whole store.
Attachments:

More
9 years 2 months ago #58418 by Davide Belletti
Replied by Davide Belletti on topic Export CSV to be useful for Advanced CSV import

Bob White wrote: Hi Davide
It is easy to work on individual products in the main Eshop and you can duplicate / copy a product (see image) . What would help in the Advanced CSV if is you can export and import separate categories rather than the whole store.

It's easy duplicate a single product in backend page if you hade to duplicate an item once.
In my case I need to start from a product and clone it one hundred of times with little variations, so it would be useful to export only that product and not the entire category.

Export the entire category could be useful when you have to update all the prices (for example at the starting of a new year), so you export all, you can modify prices using Excel, and you could import modified CSV after the update.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #58578 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi Davide,
I am sorry but I am a bit confused about the feature that you want. If you want to clone one hundred of products, then clone them via CSV file just with different SKU and do import.
Hope that this will help.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 2 months ago #58590 by Davide Belletti

Giang Dinh Truong wrote: Hi Davide,
I am sorry but I am a bit confused about the feature that you want. If you want to clone one hundred of products, then clone them via CSV file just with different SKU and do import.
Hope that this will help.
Sincerely, Giang

HERE you can find a better explanation of what I mean

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #58754 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi Davide,

I just replied you there. Please following up that post.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong