Make Default option

• stratos
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #42132 by stratos
Make Default option was created by stratos
Making one of the options value as "Default option" is important.
The customer wouldn't have to choose an option each time, if he doesn't want to.
Customer now is obliged to click the options dropdown, even if he is happy with the product displayed and only wants to purchase this one.
A standard option will get rid of the warning "please chose an option" when adding to cart.
Moreover, the direct "add to cart" button from the products listing view would work, as it should be.
Otherwise the button is useless because it redirects the visitor to the product's page in order to chose an option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #42152 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Make Default option
Hello Stratos,
Thank you for suggesting this feature. I have ever thought about it. However, I think there are some reasons that I will not implement this feature:

1. Options for products are only showed on the product detail page. If I used default value, then at Front-page or Category page, if customers click on the "Add to cart" button, they will not know which options are chosen.

2. As you may knew, EShop has Auto update product price when customer choose option. So once customer choose an option with price, then price of product will be updated. If we use default option, then customer will be confused about price which is showed at origin.

In EShop now, with required options, customer must choose before Add to cart, otherwise, system will show the warning to tell customer to choose. I think it is good.
Sincerely, Giang

• stratos
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #42155 by stratos
Replied by stratos on topic Make Default option
Hi, your reply sounds logical, however in this case it would be more accurate if the main "Add to cart" button in the list view, to be replaced with a "Chose options" button. That means the system should be automatically understands when the administrator adds an option to the product and then the front button is automatically renamed. This is a feature i noticed in Hikashop and i believe its useful. Thanks.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #42244 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi again Stratos,
I think this is an useful and great suggestion. So if a product has option, then I will rename "Add to cart" button to "More details" button and customer must click on More details to go to product details page.
I will add this feature to EShop soon.
Sincerely, Giang

• stratos
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #42256 by stratos
Replied by stratos on topic Make Default option
Glad i made a useful suggestion :-)
End of topic.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #42258 by Giang Dinh Truong
Okay Thanks again!

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong