Joomla ACL

• John Dunstan
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #37953 by John Dunstan
Joomla ACL was created by John Dunstan
Hello,

I just purchased this extension tonight, and I have to say I like it. I have used AceShop and MijoShop, and neither are as well integrated....and from looking at the design and layout of eshop, I can tell you care about its features as much as how it looks/functions (too many developers dont care about how sloppy the way their products look/function, and this is usually a reflection of the horrible service they usually provide).

There are a couple of things I am missing in eshop, which will probably stop me from using it initially.

1) Move User to Joomla User Group based on Order Status. When an order is in the completed status, I want that user to be moved to a pre set Joomla User group (so i can target market better, etc). Also, it would be great (like Hikashop does) to be able to associate products with Joomla user groups.

2) AcyMailing Integration - now if you can do no.1, I can use AcyMailing triggers to move users into lists based on users being moved to User Groups by eshop. That being said, this would be great.

3) There still is no good solution for Subscriptions that is built into a webshop....IE: other shops will have plugins for Akeeba Subscriptions....BUT, you can only add 1 subscription product to the cart for each purchase (you can;t have 1 non-subscription product and 1 subscription product in your cart, it doesnt work.

Take the example below....Lets say I sell websites....I want people to add the website along with website features to the cart (normal products) and then they must choose a hosting option (hosting option is subscription based). All of this needs to be able to be added to the cart and paid for at one time, not individually.

Also, in other solutions like above...your invoices, management, etc for subscritopns are handled in the subscriptions software (IE: Akeeba Subs) and the other shop products have their invoices and management handled in the webshop software. This management is ok for advanced people like myself (its still an absolute headache), but for my clients, this is to much, they don't understand it, and I don't see whats so hard....Magento can do these things, Joomla is streets ahead of magento (except for shopping).....Also, If you need an example product for what I am looking for, take WooCommerce with their 199$ subscriptions extension. This is what i would love from Joomla, and honestly, after testing most of the Joomla Shopping solutuons, you guys seem to care more about how your soltuons looks and works, so I am thinking you guys could be the Joomla developers to rise above all other Joomla shopping extensions?

Anyway, there are a lot more features, but for now, these are the major ones.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by John Dunstan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Dunstan
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #38202 by John Dunstan
Replied by John Dunstan on topic Re: Joomla ACL
Hello Guys,

I was wondering if you were planning on looking into what I have written above?

Thanks,

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 5 months ago #38244 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Re: Joomla ACL
Dear John,
First of all, thank you so much for purchasing this our extension. I read about features that you asked/suggested. Unfortunately, current version of EShop does not support that features. Something is outstanding feature and something is a bit complex to develop. I will think more about them and let you know.
In the case you can not use this our extension, I will go to Paypal to refund money for you.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong