Add ability to add coupon code to Checkout page

• Woony Danny
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 7 months ago #36070 by Woony Danny
I have had a customer add a product to the cart, but then go straight to the checkout (without going to the cart first). this is great as it locks them in to buy. But they were wanting to use a coupon, but on the checkout page there is no option to put in coupon code - that is only found on cart page i believe.

can you add ability to add coupon code to Checkout page. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #36139 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Re: Add ability to add coupon code to Checkout page
Hi again Woony,

You are right, currently, Coupon Code part only appear on the Shopping Cart page. But I think this is fine. It is rather complex the add Coupon Code feature on the Checkout page. This is not general requirement for an e-commerce site. In the Checkout page, it has totally of 6 steps in a page and I think adding Coupon Code in this page is not good and rather complex to implement.

Sincerely, Giang

• Woony Danny
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 7 months ago #36155 by Woony Danny
Replied by Woony Danny on topic Re: Add ability to add coupon code to Checkout page
It isn't a must have, but it would be a good addition to have. Many shopping carts have this ability including Virtuemart 2, BigCommerce, Shopify, OpenCart (with a module) and Amazon!!

Or if not wanting to add this feature, maybe consider adjusting the workflow or layout somehow... just thoughts

More
10 years 5 months ago #38596 by IPN
I agree with you Danny. In the interim, I asked Giang to link the "checkout" page to the "shopping cart" page.

Sort of a "work around" to what's a standard.

More
10 years 3 months ago #40230 by Steven J
It would be nice to have the coupon somewhere on the checkout page. I ran several coupons offers in December and received quite a few notes from customers in the comments box saying that they couldn't find a place to enter the coupon code. Placing the shopping cart (without the estimate shipping portion) in Checkout page as step 1 or 2 would solve this and other concerns.

More
10 years 3 months ago #40277 by IPN
This is also a great feature to have, especially for the USA. I've also spoken to Giang to get this implemented, hopefully soon.

More
9 years 9 months ago #47098 by IPN
Seriously, I am having a lot of people complain about not finding a coupon code during checkout.

There's a very convoluted method of getting a customer to enter a coupon.

First, they have to click "shopping cart" to enter a coupon. Who's really going to know this?

There has to be a better way for such an important feature. It's been a long time since this was addressed, can you please look into this?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 9 months ago #47221 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Add ability to add coupon code to Checkout page
Hello Omar,
I am thinking to put the coupon and voucher option to the step 5 (Payment Method) of checkout. If this is good, I will try to implement it soon.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 9 months ago #47234 by IPN
Hi Giang,

That would be awesome and very easy for customers.

Thanks very much!
Omar

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 9 months ago #47236 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Add ability to add coupon code to Checkout page
Sure Omar.
I will try to implement this soon.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong