version 2.14 - fails with joomla 3.10

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 day ago - 4 months 1 day ago #163194 by Richard
version 2.14 - fails with joomla 3.10 was created by Richard
Hi, after upgrading my Joomla from 3.6 to Version 3.10 - i've now problems running event booking version 2.14. Has anybody an idea where i can get a working version for Joomla 3.10 (gantry5 template) , the automatic upgrade from 2.14 to latest version 4.7 fails with an error
provided upgrade link leads to 403 server error  -> joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_dm...ckage&document_id=56
thank you very much - any idea is appreciated
Cheers
Richard
Last edit: 4 months 1 day ago by Richard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 21 hours ago #163196 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic version 2.14 - fails with joomla 3.10
Hi Richard

Could be because you do not have an active subscription of Events Booking ? You can purchase latest version of Events Booking, then submit a support ticket sending us super user account of your site. We will help with the update

Tuan

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 11 hours ago #163214 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic version 2.14 - fails with joomla 3.10
Hi Tuan, thanks for your reply
hm - i bought Event Booking extension and added it to joomla 3.6 and thought that it includes updates when updating the joomla version to 3.10 -- was not aware that i have to buy it again - as its not a major upgrade...
anyway - the event booking extension does not throw any error - and the admin console works pretty well - though it does not show the event details - when selecting a specific active event on my homepage. Any Idea if i have to do add the gantry5 helium default template somewhere in the settings to show the event details ? it simply shows me empty event content.

Best regards
Richard

More
4 months 11 hours ago - 4 months 11 hours ago #163215 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Richard

For each purchase, we provide free upgrade and support for one year only (keep in mind that many providers only provide free update for 3 to 6 months). See our terms and conditions joomdonation.com/terms-and-conditions.html . Joomla 3, honestly, has been maintained for more 10 years, and no one can provide free upgrade for that very long time for a purchase. Hope you understand

For the issue you are having, I could not know the reasons. Usually, we will need to check it directly on your site to see why it is not working. But I also could not check that very outdated version as well

You can try to create a menu item to link to Events Booking extension (for example one of upcoming events menu item type), then check to see if the link to event details use that menu item. If Yes, that might solve the issue

If it still does not work, you will need to purchase the extension to update to latest version and get support from us. Then we will provide support and make sure it works for you

There is nothing warrant that that outdated version of the extension will work with Joomla 3.10. Although it is not a major release, there has been so many changes from Joomla 3.6 to 3.10 through the years (including backward in-compatible changes)

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 4 months 11 hours ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 10 hours ago #163218 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic version 2.14 - fails with joomla 3.10
Hi Tuan,
ok - sure i understand this - haven't checked the "Terms and conditions" before. Anyhow thanks for your additional hint - i tried the direkt link from Menu Item - and got also an empty page - debugger shows an error - Error: Incorrect contents fetched, please reload.
I'll purchase the latest version and try the upgrade and come back to your support if i still have problems afterwards.
Thanks
regards
Richard

More
4 months 10 hours ago #163220 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks Richard

Tuan