waiting list - plugin move registrants - bug or misconfiguration?

• Florian78
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #162365 by Florian78
Hi,

I've activated the waiting list.
I've activated the plugin move registrants.

The strange behavior is as follows:
Two people (1 & 2) are registered.
Two other people (3 & 4) are on the waiting list.
Person 1 cancels the registration. Person 3 receives the message of successful registration. That's ok so far.
However, person 4 also receives an e-mail: "that a place has just become available. Please let me know if you are still interested and would like to take the place!" And that is wrong because the first free place was already taken automatically by person 3. So there is no free place available anymore....

Why did person 4 also get an e-mail about a free place which isn't there anymore?
Any help is very welcome because this is causing serious trouble.

Latest version 4.7.0 of event booking is running but this behavior was already in 4.5.1 too

Best regards,
Florian

Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Florian78.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Florian78
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #162366 by Florian78
maybe a solution to this unwanted behavior is to delete the message within the message manager for the name/key "registrant_waitinglist_notification_body".
Now it seems to work as I would expect it. This should be default... The other behavior - as described above - makes no sense at all.

A little bit more control to see or test all the messages which are going to be sent would be appreciated.
Maybe the plugin move registrants should get an option which message should go out to whom...or is there somewhere a documentation which message is going to be sent when the plugin is moving the first of the waiting list to the participants list? Haven't found any.

Br, Florian

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #162369 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Florian

Actually, when someone cancels the registration, the system will send that notification emails to all waiting list users. Sending email to just one member might not work because if he does not perform registration, the slot is still available

Ideally, it should send to first registrant only, then wait for sometime and if he still does not perform registration, send to next one and so on....

But that is quite complicated to implement, so we do not support yet

If you do not want that email to be sent, just empty the subject of that email and it won't be sent. It's the same for all other emails in the system

Regards,

Tuan

• Florian78
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #162394 by Florian78
Hi Tuan,

do you mean to delete the subject or the body of that email? Because I only can find to delete the body of that email.
btw. it would be nice to have an option for each message to select if this message should be send or not without deleting the body or subject of that message. Because if I would like to have it back...where do I get the text of the body back if I don't save it seperatly?

Br,
Florian