Link event title to a Joomla article?

• Fredrik Olsson
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #162200 by Fredrik Olsson
Link event title to a Joomla article? was created by Fredrik Olsson
Hi!

Is it possible to link similar events to a Joomla article page, then this page will act as a landing page for several Events. In detail, when you click on the event title you come to a calendar page, I would like to go to an Joomla article instead. One reason is that I don't want to use calendar layout/views, because then I have url where calendar is included such as www.mydomain.com/ kalender/.. Instead I want to use articles, to be able to control the url logic to our purpose – a cleaner permalink logic and SEO friendlier approach.

We have used Dt Register for many years, but changed the booking extension because they have not upgraded for Joomla 4. With DtRegister you can select an Joomla article to show a certain event.

Well, it is possible to change link Title in the Events Booking - Upcoming Events module, but it is only possible to Link Event To Registration Form. 

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or do you have any suggestions instead, as how to change the permalink .../calendar/... then I will be happy. The best way of course would be, to select link to an Joomla article from a event component or/and from Events Booking - Upcoming Events modul. 

Sincerely
Fredrik
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Fredrik Olsson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162203 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Link event title to a Joomla article?
Hi Fredrik

1. Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Backend Submit Event Form tab, set Show Custom Event Detail URL config option to Yes

2. Now, when you add, edit an event, you can enter URL of the article you want into that Custom Event Detail URL and it should work as you want

Regards,

Tuan

• Fredrik Olsson
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162205 by Fredrik Olsson
Replied by Fredrik Olsson on topic Link event title to a Joomla article?
Great! It works :) Thanks you very much!

/Fredrik

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162206 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Link event title to a Joomla article?
Great to hear that it works :). Please continue using the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan