Zoom integration after 01 June 2023?

• Lutz Kadner
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #158077 by Lutz Kadner
Zoom integration after 01 June 2023? was created by Lutz Kadner
We use Zoom integration a lot and I read that your connection will be deprecated this year. Zoom writes: "The JWT app type will be discontinued on 01 June 2023".
Will the transfer of data by Webinar ID still be supported after that or not? Will there be an update or is it possibly already integrated.
I would be a bit calmer to know ;-)

Thanks
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Lutz Kadner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158081 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Zoom integration after 01 June 2023?
Hello Lutz

I will work on the update and make it available on the next release.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith

• Lutz Kadner
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158084 by Lutz Kadner
Replied by Lutz Kadner on topic Zoom integration after 01 June 2023?
Great!
Thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #158467 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Today, I were able to update the plugin to work with the new authentication method requested by Zoom. As I don't have a paid zoom account for testing, it would be great if you can help testing and report the result back:

1. Download latest version of Events Booking from My Downloads section, upgrade it to your site

2. Follow instructions at developers.zoom.us/docs/internal-apps/#c...-to-server-oauth-app , create a new Server-to-Server OAuth app. Note that in step #5, you do not need to enable event subscriptions because we do not use webhooks for the integration

3. Disable original Zoom plugin

4. Enable new Zoom plugin. The new plugin is called Events Booking - Zoom App, it is a new plugin so that the old plugin will continue working until you replace it

5. Configure a test event and setup Zoom Settings inside the event

6. Try to register and publish the registration record. Make sure the registration is added to the meeting/webinar in zoom

7. Report the result back to us

Regards,

Tuan

• Lutz Kadner
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #158613 by Lutz Kadner
Replied by Lutz Kadner on topic Zoom integration after 01 June 2023?
Hello,

unfortunately it took me a while, because I first had to figure out how to get the new app displayed in the Zoom account in the first place. But now I did it and the rest worked great!

Thanks a lot for your great work!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #158614 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks Lutz for the update. I believe we can safe include this in the next release of the extension to replace old plugin :)

Tuan

• Dave Ascher
  • Away
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159764 by Dave Ascher
Replied by Dave Ascher on topic Zoom integration after 01 June 2023?
What do you mean by step # 5?? I don't see any step numbers in the documentation from Zoom.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159767 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

Better follow the documentation here eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/zoom-integration

Regards,

Tuan

• Dave Ascher
  • Away
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160485 by Dave Ascher
Would you mind writing something up about what you had to do to make this all work so other people won't have to go through quite as much pain as you must have?

I'm finding the documentation from Zoom to be somewhat opaque as I am not at all familiar with their terminology or much else about Zoom. I would hope that I could create the S2S OAuth integration "thing" without having to become an expert in all things Zoom. I would also think that whatever you had to do is exactly the same as what I have to do to make this all work - except with a different set of credentials.  If my presumptions are way off base, it would be great if you could clarify exactly what it is that this integration process does and how the Events Management plug in is involved. The documentation seems very vague to me, as if it were written as a document for somebody to refer to in order to refresh their memory rather than something that explains the process of how a request goes from Events Management to Zoom and ... back?

Is it necessary to create a fresh S2S OAuth integration app for each new Zoom event? or is this stuff designed more intelligently than that so it only has to be created one time and passed values - presumably via the plugin?

thanks

• Dave Ascher
  • Away
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160486 by Dave Ascher
I've gone ahead and started the process of creating a S2S OAuth app in Zoom, hoping that it would actually turn out to be simpler to do than trying to understand all the details of how some app might interact with Zoom in a thousand different possible ways - all I want to do is add a registrant to a zoom meeting. 

I got through the initial steps of creating this "app" in zoom without too much difficulty - although it seems that it is step #6 that needs to be skipped since that is the one involving subscribing to Zoom events - not step #5.

However, when I got to the 'scope' that I needed to be granted, I hit a brick wall. I poked my way through the zoom documentation for a while and decided that it would be simpler to ask somebody else who has implemented this integration to share which zoom 'scopes' (I cannot imagine how they arrived at that term) the app needs to have.

Would anybody who has done this integration - there must be at least a few people out there who have done it - care to share the scopes that had to request??