Zoom integration after 01 June 2023?

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #160487 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Zoom integration after 01 June 2023?
Hi Dave

Could you please follow instructions here eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/zoom-integration and try to setup it? Then if you have any questions, please ask and we will answer you further

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave Ascher
  • Away
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160524 by Dave Ascher
Replied by Dave Ascher on topic Zoom integration after 01 June 2023?
I have created an event (actually a slightly modified version of a recent event) for testing this integration with Zoom. 

I'm receiving registration confirmation from both Events Booking and Zoom (about 2 minutes later). However, when I check the registrant names in Zoom, I do not see any registrants from today. How is this possible?

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160525 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

So you received notification from Zoom about registrants but do not see these registrants in Zoom? That's strange to me. If Zoom has notified you about it, then the registrants should be there. I have no clue why it is not there as you mentioned

Tuan

• Dave Ascher
  • Away
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160606 by Dave Ascher
I believe that I have identified the issue of why I was not seeing additional registrations for the Zoom Meeting (in Zoom) although I was receiving registration confirmations from EB - and being charged for additional tickets. I had failed to set the field "Prevent Duplicate Registration" to "YES" so EB was accepting additional registrations with the same name and email address. This raises the question of whether EB is sending registration confirmation emails even when no registration occurred in Zoom. 

I would think that Zoom replies to the registration request with some kind of indicator that the registration was accepted or rejected - and if it was rejected, what the reason for that was. I am no Zoom expert, but I'd think there are numerous reasons why Zoom might reject a registration request - the event might be full, for example. 

I noticed that the registration confirmation emails that I did receive from Zoom came as long as two minutes after the registration confirmation emails from EB. Can you clarify whether or EB is waiting to hear back from Zoom that a registration request was accepted successfully or if EB is just assuming that the registration request would be accepted by Zoom??

thanks

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160608 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Dave

1. The confirmation email from EB is independent with Zoom. Even if Zoom does not accept the registration record for some reasons, EB will still send it own confirmation email

2. If the registration is not accepted in Zoom, the error reason will be logged. You can look at folder plugins/eventbooking/zoomapp , see the log file from there. You might see the reasons

Tuan

• Dave Ascher
  • Away
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160609 by Dave Ascher
thanks for that rapid response.

I think you are saying that zoom does supply EB with a response to the registration request indicating successful registration or unsuccessful registration and if it was unsuccessful, why it was unsuccessful. Why doesn't EB wait until it gets that information from Zoom before it sends its registration confirmation email and processes the charge?

or is that the kind of thing we might expect to see in a future version of EB?

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160610 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

As mentioned, the registration process in EB is independent with Zoom. EB will only add registrants to Zoom after the registration is already completed in EB, it does not depend on the registration in Zoom is accepted or not

Tuan

• Dave Ascher
  • Away
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160620 by Dave Ascher
I guess I did not fully comprehend your earlier response. My presumption has been that the purpose of this integration is for EB to deal with registering the registrant with Zoom for a Zoom Meeting (or Webinar) and then, once that has been completed successfully (in other words AFTER the person has been successfully registered for the Zoom event with Zoom), EB would do its usual processing - add the person as a registrant within EB, process payment, notify the person that they have been successfully registered. Apparently you have a somewhat different view of the process than that.

From what you have written It appears to me that you see EB collecting the individual's information (name, email, etc.), processing their payment, adding them to the EB list of registrants for the event, and finally, passing the individual's information to Zoom to request that they be registered for the Zoom event. EB doesn't care whether the Zoom registration is successful or not. It DOES care whether or not the payment was processed successfully, whether the capacity of the meeting (as configured in the EB event but not as configured in the Zoom event) has already been filled, and probably a few other things.

I think that is now pretty clear to me, but I have to wonder why you chose to NOT wait until you received a response from Zoom about the success or failure of the registration request before continuing to process the registration request as if it was successful. From the point of view of somebody registering for a Zoom meeting event, I would not be happy to receive a registration confirmation and have my payment processed by EB and then two minutes later receive an email from Zoom that my registration failed... with no further follow up from EB. I'd expect that EB would be aware of the failure of my registration for the Zoom event and either send me a message saying that Zoom rejected my registration request for reason xxxx, and telling me how to get my money back or, preferably, voiding my payment. As the EB event organizer I'd have expected that EB would let ME know about the failure of the attempt to register this person with Zoom and remove them from the list of registrants for the Zoom event - and void their payment for the event.

Perhaps all that is all too much to expect, but it seems reasonable to me to expect that Zoom would not confirm a registration request until it received positive confirmation from Zoom. I presume that EB sends a registration confirmation email for an EB event only AFTER verifying that there is still room for another registrant, processing the payment for the event, and a few other things. Why would it NOT wait for a successful registration reply from Zoom before sending an email acknowledging a successful registration for a ZOOM event?

I understand that you've stated that the registration with Zoom is independent of (in other words, NOT dependent upon) successful registration with Zoom. EB sends the registration request and what happens to that request is a matter that is no concern of EB but entirely between the registrant - who gets added to the list of EB event registrants and whose payment gets processed regardless of whether Zoom registers the individual for the Zoom event. This seems different from the other things that Zoom DOES concern itself with prior to completing the registration of the individual for the EB event and sending the registration confirmation email.

I must still not be understanding something about EB (I'm sure there is much that I don't understand about how EB processes a registration request) but where the event for which the individual is requesting registration actually a ZOOM event how does it make sense to go ahead and process the registration to completion with a confirmation of the registration from ZOOM?

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #160647 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

In short, the zoom registration is optional here. Events Booking handle registration, payment and manage registrants it on it own

Then it could pass the registration information to external system like Zoom, ACYMailing....., these extra process/integration is optional and won't be changed

However, you are right that some kind of notification should be implemented so that in case registrant is not successfully added to zoom, admin and maybe registrant should be informed, too. I will consider improving that in the future

Regards,

Tuan