Individual & Group pricing

• An LeFevre
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #156128 by An LeFevre
Individual & Group pricing was created by An LeFevre
Hello.

I'm having a hard time with settings for individual & group. 
For 1-3 tickets, the price is $10 x how many they need up to three tickets.
For four or more, which is the family rate, I have a fixed group rate of $32. I don't want them to be charged per person after four in the group.
How is this supposed to be set when it looks like individual can only buy one ticket. But my group rate is already fixed at $32.  
Can you please provide some guidance?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #156137 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Individual & Group pricing
Hello

That is a special fee calculation rule and it could not be handled by Events Booking. For this, I'm afraid of the only option is perform some customization to the fee calculation logic code to have it works as you described. Need a developer to do that

Regards,

Tuan

• An LeFevre
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #156139 by An LeFevre
Replied by An LeFevre on topic Individual & Group pricing
It doesn't make sense that this would not be possible. There are so many options for this event registration system but the simplest option is too complicated?

If tickets were a product, I would be able to add 1 - 3 qty for individual tickets and/or add one fixed price group ticket to the cart. And the system should just add it all up.

How much would customization like that work?

More
1 year 2 months ago #156140 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
There is no software works for all customers, so sometime, customization would be needed. I imagine that for your need, we could add a new setting to event called Min Number Registrants For Fixed Group Rate. If you enter 4 for example:

- If someone registers for 3 or less, they will get normal registration fee
- If someone registers for 4 or more, they will get that fixed group rate

That customization will cost you 30$. But please play with all features in the extension and make sure it works for you before we go with this customization

Regards,

Tuan

• An LeFevre
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #156141 by An LeFevre
Replied by An LeFevre on topic Individual & Group pricing
If you can make it a drop-down menu to select quantity for both individual & family ticket, I will be willing pay the $30.

These tickets are a product and families just need to select how many individual ($10) and family tickets ($32) they want to buy.

Some families will just buy the one family ticket for $32.

Other families are buying tickets for their friends and need to add a couple of individual tickets or even another family ticket to their order. So, they should be able to select "2" in the drop-down menu for individual and family for a total of two individual ($20) and two family tickets ($64) = $84

Does this make sense?

What you wrote for Min Number of Registrants does not work in this case. And, can the word "Group" be changed to Family?

More
1 year 2 months ago #156142 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I'm unsure group registration could be used to handle this requirement. How about try to handle it using

1. Ticket Types eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/ticket-types

2. Or using custom fee fields eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...wn-custom-field-type

Try to play with these features to see if it could be used to handle your requirement

Regards,

Tuan