Prevent Category linking

• Joanne R.
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #155929 by Joanne R.
Prevent Category linking was created by Joanne R.
How can I prevent the category from being a link?
Also, is it possible to link the EVENT to somewhere else in the site instead of the event details page?

thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #155937 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Prevent Category linking
Hello

1. Could you send us link to the page which we can see the category link so that I can check and give you the answer ?

2. For link event to a different page, you can update your site to latest version of Events Booking. Then :

- Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Backend Submit Event Form Fields tab, set Show Custom Event Detail URL config option to Yes
- Then edit the event, enter the URL you want into Custom Event Detail URL setting of the event.

Then check the result. It should work well

Tuan

• Joanne R.
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #155957 by Joanne R.
Replied by Joanne R. on topic Prevent Category linking
dev.revuptech.com/schedule to check how to disable the link on the categories.

Thank you, the custom url is a really great feature :).

Tuan, your component is impressive, and your forum support is clear, concise and helpful. One of the best support I've received with a Joomla component.
I will highly recommend your product.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Joanne R.. Reason: fix typos

More
1 year 2 months ago #155976 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hmm

Could you please check and make sure the given URL is correct? I tried to access to that URL but the browser said This site can’t be reached

Tuan, your component is impressive, and your forum support is clear, concise and helpful. One of the best support I've received with a Joomla component.
I will highly recommend your product.

Thanks. You would even more impressive if you know that we are replying you even on our own new year holiday (the new year holiday here is different from most other countries in the world). When we are back from holiday in the next few days, the response time would be faster

Tuan

• Joanne R.
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #155983 by Joanne R.
Replied by Joanne R. on topic Prevent Category linking
Happy New Year Tuan!
I'm unsure why the url did not work. I know sometimes it takes a while to load but it is a correct url.
dev.revuptech.com
then click on "Schedule" link in main menu.

Thanks for working on your holiday. I really appreciate that.

More
1 year 2 months ago #156009 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

There is no option to disable category linking here unless you modify code. I would say that link is useful because on that page, the system will only display certain number of events for each category, so if you have more events, users can click on the link to view all events from that category

If you still want to disable it, take a look at the code in the file components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/categories/events_items.php and modify it to remove the link

Once the modification is done, please move the modified file to template override at PATH_TO_TEMPLATE/html/com_eventbooking/categories folder so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension. PATH_TO_TEMPLATE is path to template which you are using on your site, in this case, it is templates/shaper_helixultimate

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joanne R.