• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #131675 by Graham S. Jarvis
Generating tickets - after registrations was created by Graham S. Jarvis
Hello,

I have an event which is accepting registrations but I do not have ticketing activated.

Is there a way of activating ticketing and re-sending the confirmations with the tickets attached?

Thanks,
-Graham-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #131883 by Graham S. Jarvis
Replied by Graham S. Jarvis on topic Generating tickets - after registrations
Hello,

this topic has 115 views - people are interested.

Is there an answer?

Thanks,
-Graham-

More
4 years 2 months ago #131893 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Generating tickets - after registrations
Hi Graham

This is, unfortunately, not supported. I will see if I can add some tools to support this, but I could not promise. I will update you here if I am successfully implemented the tool

Regards,

Tuan

• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #132045 by Graham S. Jarvis
Hello Tuan,
would a financial contribution help? ;)

Regards,
-Graham-

More
4 years 2 months ago #132047 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, sure, thanks. It will cost you 50$ for writing code to re-generate tickets for all registrants of existing events

However, I'm unsure how you will resend the tickets? Manually? Or automatically?

If you want it to be automatically, I'm afraid of it won't work when you have too many existing registrants (because server limit number of emails can be sent per hours, so if we still too many emails, it might be blocked by server - and being timed out, too)

Tuan

• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #132050 by Graham S. Jarvis
Hello Tuan,

I'll organise the PayPal transfer.

Regarding e-mail (server) limits.
How does this work at the moment - if I use the "resend email" feature?
- If I do this on a large list of registrations it will be the same problem. no?

In terms of how I would want to use this feature:
I am assuming that I want to do this because I started receiving registrations with the ticket generation turned off.
I would want to turn ticket generation on for the event - so that new registrations receive a ticket and then run the tool to generate the missing tickets.
- I don't see it as a problem that the ticket numbering will not be in the order that people registered. Most of the time the tickets will (only) be collected at an event. If they are actually scanned (because they are on a persons 'phone) the number isn't important either.
- Unless someone else here has other needs ???

Let me know what you think,
-Graham-

Thanks,
-Graham-

More
4 years 2 months ago #132051 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Graham

1. I would say that you should only resend emails for about 20 registrants at a time. Then wait for few minutes, and resend again to next 20 registrants... Also, contact your hosting provider, ask them to see if they limit number of emails per hour, if yes, how many emails?

2. I still don't understand your workflow. So even for future events, you will also start with tickets turned off, then at some point, you will turn it on? So when you want the system to generate missing tickets for the event? Maybe we will just generate it when you turn tickets from Off to On in the event setup?

Tuan

• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #132052 by Graham S. Jarvis
Hello Tuan,

1. OK
From what you say I assume that Events Booking (or Membership Pro) do not "manage" the sending of e-mails (as per AcyMailing). That is - it does not batch the e-mails automatically.
- I will make a manual note to manually batch e-mails using the parameters calculated by our AcyMailing installation.

2. I don't intend to create future events without ticket generation.
BUT,
this particular client first says "it's urgent" to get the event live and invitations out and only then answers my questions about whether they want ticketing. And by then people have already registered.
I try to only publish events which need tickets when the client has agreed and I have set ticketing to "yes".
SO,
Your suggestion to generate the missing tickets when ticketing is changed from "off" to "on" will probably work in most conditions.
(Unless anyone on the forum has other suggestions?)

Would this mean that if an event was started with ticketing, then ticketing was turned off, that the missing tickets would be generated when ticketing was turned on again?

In any case,
if the "new" tickets are not e-mailed automatically we will make sure that we re-issue tickets after turning on ticketing (even to those who already received them).
And, we will include a ticket download link into the reminder e-mail that we set to be sent the day before the event.

Does this work?

Thanks,
-Graham-

• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133034 by Graham S. Jarvis
Hello Tuan,

with the current COVID-19 problem I'm sure that there are going to be a lot of cancelled events.

How is this new feature coming along - I think it is going to be needed :(

Thanks,
-Graham-

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc