Custom Fields

More
12 years 10 months ago #9579 by zbolt
Custom Fields was created by zbolt
I used the documentation to create 3 custom fields. The fields are not appearing on my registration form. Am I missing a step here? After creating the custom fields, what do I need to do next to have these appear on the form?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9580 by derickson
Replied by derickson on topic Re: Custom Fields
Double check that you have Event Custom Field set to Yes on the Configuaration - General tab.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9581 by zbolt
Replied by zbolt on topic Re: Custom Fields
Derickson - Thanks for the response. I double checked this and Event Custom Field is set to yes. Any other thoughts?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 10 months ago #9582 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Custom Fields
@derickson : Thanks so much for helping me response forum posts . Much appriciated !

@zbolt : Could you please make sure you are using latest version by download the extension from Customers Area -> Orders History menu item and upgrade to your site. In the past, Custom fields didn't work when you setup multiple Booking to Yes, this feature just added to the extension recently !

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 10 months ago #9584 by zbolt
Tuan,

Thank you. The custom fields are now showing up. I have made the 3 custom fields dropdown fields that increase the price by a certain amount based on the user selection. The amount is not being updated in the cart during the registration process. How can I fix this?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 10 months ago #9598 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

The amount is calculated correctly. However, It is not showed in the total amount in the cart at the moment (Users are still be charged the correct amount, you can try to use Paypal to see what I mean) .

Do you think what's the best place to show the total amount :

- In the position where the total amount is showed at the moment but show the correct amount (Cart Amount + Custom Fields Fee)

- In the Billing Information section ?

Please let me know your thought so that I can change the coding alitle .

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 10 months ago #9609 by zbolt
I would prefer to see the total amount shown where it is now, but showing the total amount (cart+custom). I would also like the correct amount to show up in the users email when they receive it.

I would like to implement coupons as well. Will the coupons work by deducting an amount from the total amount (cart+custom)?

Thanks for all your help. Can you please let me know what you change so I can make the updates in the future if I add another custom field?

More
12 years 10 months ago #9630 by java20island
Replied by java20island on topic Re: Custom Fields
I too would like to see the cart total reflect the true charge amount. As it is now, it looks like the total amount billed is $0.0 when I have an event billing with custom fields, as all mine will be because I have different rates for all members.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9662 by zbolt
Any progress on this issue?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 10 months ago #9664 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry all !

I am busy today and haven't had time to look at it yet. Will work on it on tomorrow morning (I am working to finish a new extension these days, so alitle slow on support) . Please be patient with me alitle more :) .

Thanks so much !

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc