Support

More
12 years 11 months ago #9422 by CCC
Support was created by CCC
I have submitted support ticket (which you have replied too etc) but is there like a manual for this extension or some way I can do things on my own rather than just clicking every button?

Getting very frustrated that it won't do what I want it to do even though I feel like I am working within its capabilities...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #9423 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Support
Hi

There are two tutorials document available :

- joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_co...icle&id=84&Itemid=71

- And joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_co...icle&id=80&Itemid=72

Please have a look at it !

Also, maybe you can explain the problems / or how you want the system works and I can try to guide it to you .

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 11 months ago #9424 by CCC
Replied by CCC on topic Re: Support
Again i thank you for your prompt reply.. I don't want to create any bad impression of your product because it seems quite good so far but to put it simply:

I want to have GROUP and MULTIPLE bookings operating at the same time. At the moment if I turn off multiple bookings then the group register works fine and I capture all the information and everybody is happy EXCEPT that they have to do an individual booking for each and every event. Considering that they may be booking in for 5-10 days at a time this is going to become cumbersome.. Also they will then need to process 10 individual payments which they won't want to do..

So I want them to be able to "select" multiple days and book at once AND capture individual group information

Also can't seem to find how I can put a "register now" link button into a normal article

Also don't know how to get the calender to default to showing the next event.. (ie all our events are in July so want it to default to that calender page NOT to April which is blank)

More
12 years 11 months ago #9425 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK . Just replied via support ticket. However, I think we will continue discussing about it public here in case other users have the same questions !

Basically, we could not have both "Group Registration" and "Multiple Booking" activated at the sametime.

- When you use Group Registration feature, it will allows you choose Number of registrants for that group, and then enter information of each member in each group .

- When you use Multiple Booking feature, the extension allows you to add events to "cart", choose quantity for each event (like a shopping cart system) and then process the registration (checkout) . It doesn't allow you to collect information of each members for each event .

As I know, there are no available Joomla Extensions allow you to do that. Imaging that you add two events to shopping cart :

- Event A , Quantity : 3

- Event B , Quantity : 2

You then quan to collect information of 3 members of Event A and then 2 members for Event B ? It will be a very long registration process if you want to register for 5-10 events within the same checkout .

Or Am I mis-understood ? You have an event which happens in different days and want users to be able to choose the days of that events they want to register ?

More
12 years 11 months ago #9426 by CCC
So the situation with our business is this:
We run school holiday activities for 3 different age groups. Parents can book in for one day or all ten as they see wish. The trouble is then that we need to collect the childs (group members) information.

I don't see why you could have a simple patch that allows the group booking to be put into the cart and then another one to be added.. even if they have to enter the personal information multiple times.. they could then still just make one payment.

Or within the multiple booking coding.. you could have "nested" group information. ie if they select QTY 2.. then they have to fill in 2 group members information and so on and so forth...

If you could come up with this it would be of benefit to more than one person I think! Especially as most of our families it would be the same group information to all the sessions...

More
12 years 11 months ago #9427 by CCC
Also in the table view layout.. is it possible to have a "short description" included? At the moment the table view lay out only has the title..

I would love to have a small picture and brief description showing in the table view...

More
12 years 11 months ago #9428 by CCC
Alternatively.. is there a way to limit the Quantity in the shopping basket to one.. that way they could register each group member 1 by 1 into the shopping basket and then only do their details once on check out??

More
12 years 11 months ago #9429 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

I don't see why you could have a simple patch that allows the group booking to be put into the cart and then another one to be added.. even if they have to enter the personal information multiple times.. they could then still just make one payment.

Or within the multiple booking coding.. you could have "nested" group information. ie if they select QTY 2.. then they have to fill in 2 group members information and so on and so forth...

If you could come up with this it would be of benefit to more than one person I think! Especially as most of our families it would be the same group information to all the sessions...

=> The problem here is that I am tring to keep the registration process for Multiple Booking as possible (have discussed with some clients in the pass and we agreed that this approach, simply add events to cart, choose the quantity for each event and then checkout) .

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 11 months ago #9430 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Alternatively.. is there a way to limit the Quantity in the shopping basket to one.. that way they could register each group member 1 by 1 into the shopping basket and then only do their details once on check out??

=> We will need to customize the code of the extension alitle to have this limit . Just need to modify the code in one file.

More
12 years 11 months ago #9431 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
But from what you need, Registration Pro might meets your need . Maybe you can check the demo of this extension to see whether that's what you want ?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc