Support

More
12 years 11 months ago #9432 by CCC
Replied by CCC on topic Re: Support
I have been warned off Registration Pro due to lack of useability but I will take another look at it if recommended.

Otherwise changing the coding to max 1 QTY will probably solve it at this stage for us..

Or really what I probably need is a two step process where the REGISTRATION is seperate from BILLING. ie you register for all your events including your details etc and the shopping cart keeps track of your total spend and then you go to a billing page to fill out your details and then pay.

I realise this is outside of the scope of your extension but is probably the best way to solve this pickle in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #9433 by CCC
OK so I'm going to just create custom fields (non compulsary for children 2 and 3) for "additional" children's details and will use multiple booking functions..

so just need a way to limit the QTY to 3 and away we go..

Also the placing of pictures in the table format? And also having the calendar immediately jump to the correct page or "next event"..

More
12 years 11 months ago #9434 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Support
Hi

It will requires some modification to the code . You can follow the instruction below to have it works :

1. so just need a way to limit the QTY to 3 and away we go..

=> You can looks at the code in the file components/com_eventbooking/views/cart/tmpl/default.php, find the javascript code which check the quantity .
Code:
enteredQuantity = form['quantity[]'][i].value ;

You can add a javascript check here :

if (enteredQuantity > 3) {
alert('Max Number Of registrants is 3');
return ;
}

Something like that .

Also the placing of pictures in the table format

=> Maybe you can place this picture in the short description of event. And then show this short description in table layout. The file you need to modify is components/com_eventbooking/views/category/tmpl/default.php, just need to add a PHP command below in the place you want to show the image (you will need to know basic PHP, HTML code)

Code:
<?php echo $row->short_description ; ?>

And also having the calendar immediately jump to the correct page or "next event"

=> Are you using calendar view ? If yes, then you can simple change the link of the menu item to link to calendar view. The link for that menu item is index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=calendar&month=MONTH_YOU_WANT, for example index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=calendar&month=7 (Choose External Link type for this menu item) .

Hope this help !

Tuan

More
12 years 11 months ago #9435 by CCC
Awesome Work!!

Qty is now working and will try next two now.

Can't thank you enough for the replies and support.. will happily recommend you and your products. Fantastic!

More
12 years 11 months ago #9436 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Support
Happy to help :) !

More
12 years 11 months ago #9438 by CCC
OK.. having a little trouble with the short description part of things in the table view.

All my events have short descriptions and i put the PHP code you gave me into the default.php at what I think is the right spot but not working..

Perhaps you could send the whole php file to me in text pad with changes highlighted? Also is short_description the right grab code or should it be eb_short_description.. as essentially it should be a linked short description..

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc