Individual Registration required fields

More
13 years 1 week ago #8717 by vyruz
Hi,
coming from shlu.net's 'eventlist' component, I find that Events Booking works well but is very strongly aimed at paid events.
I maintain a website for a dog school and we allow/require our members to register for classes they want to attend (2 a week for most members).
This worked really well in eventlist, since they just had to login, go to the event, check the participation checkbox and click save.

But due to bugs we decided to move to this paid component, which works great so far, except that it seems that for every registration, users have to go through the registration page where they have to fill in all their information.
We don't need any of this, we just need their names to see who's going to attend which class.

So I though easy as pie, just go to the configuration page > billing fields tab and uncheck all the field except last name (first name is alwas on it seems).

However this only works when I enable the 'Mutliple Booking' option in the configuration. But that option takes the user through the shopping cart screen, which we don't want at all.
When I turn of the 'Multiple Booking' option, the registration page will display all the user information fields no matter what I select in 'Billing Fields'

any help would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #8718 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Individual Registration required fields
Hi

Please have a look at this forum post for the solution : joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...iew&catid=65&id=8502

Please let me know if you have other questions .

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 1 week ago #8721 by vyruz
hmm, it seems my search-fu was not strong enough...
thanks for the help!

Next question (I also did a search for this but couldn't find the same problem as I have):
How can users cancel their registrations?
From this topic I found out I have to add a 'History' menu item.
When I do this and log in as a user who has registered for several events, I can see these registered events just fine.
However, I can't see where I can cancel them.
When I click an event I can only change my name, email etc. but can't click cancel anywhere.

More
13 years 1 week ago #8749 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Individual Registration required fields
Hi

1. When you setup an event, you need to set Enable Cancel registration property of that Event to Yes .

2. Today Date need to be "smaller" than Cancel Before Date property .

Please have a look at the attached image for more detail

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc