Show Past Events in Menu Manage Registrants

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 months 1 day ago #167966 by David Unwin
Show Past Events in Menu Manage Registrants was created by David Unwin
For our normal operations, our check-in team do not need to see past events, only events for Today and in the future. 
So we have set the option in the Menu Item Show Registrants Of Past Events to NO. 
However, Our Check-in manager wants to be able to see past events. So we set up a menu item with Show Registrants Of Past Events to YES.  
But with this option set, it does NOT  show past events.
I went to the EB Configuration  section Categories And Events Select Dropdown
I noticed that the Hide Past Events From Events Dropdown was set to Yes. 
I changed this to NO. Then the past events show in the Manager's Menu. But it shows in the Check-in teams menu.
So How can I set the check-in team's menu not to show past events, but let the Check-in Manger see them in their Menu?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 day ago #167970 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Show Past Events in Menu Manage Registrants
Hi David

1. For the menu item parameter, as you can see, it's Show Registrants Of Past Events . That will control whether registrants of past events are being shown on that menu item or not. It does not affect the past events in events dropdown

2. So to control show/hide past events in the dropdown, you will have to use Hide Past Events From Events Dropdown config option. It is a global config option, so it will affect events dropdown displayed everywhere, not just for that specific menu item

Hope my explanation is clear to you

Regards,

Tuan

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 months 1 day ago #167971 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Show Past Events in Menu Manage Registrants
Hi Tuan,
When I set up the parameter in the menu item Show Registrants Of Past Events to Yes. We can see some past event registrations
But I can't select a previous day's in event in the Select Event Option - see the screenshot

So how can I select an event from yesterday or the day before without setting the global config option Hide Past Events From Events Dropdown to NO

• Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    3 months 1 day ago #167972 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
    Hi David

As I said, you need to set Hide Past Events From Events Dropdown config option to Yes if you want to see past events from events dropdown. That is a global config option as I said and it will affect events dropdown uses everywhere in the extension

So the past events in the dropdown does not depend on Show Registrants Of Past Events parameter (that parameter only control registrants, not events)

Regards,

Tuan

• David Unwin
    • Topic Author
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    More
    3 months 22 hours ago #167978 by David Unwin
    Hi Tuan, thanks for explanation, I now understand how it works
    One other question, In the search bar you can search on Name, Email and id. Is there any way to search on Event (name of the event).
    I also notice that EB provides Search and Smart Search plugins. Is there a way I could utilise these to search for Past Events registrants?
    Kind regards
    David

More
    3 months 15 hours ago #167986 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
    Hi David

1. Thinking more about this, I think it makes sense to haves past events in events filter dropdown controlled by Show Registrants Of Past Events, so I updated the code to handle that. You might want to download latest version to update so that past events in the events filter dropdown does not depend on the global config option Hide Past Events From Events Dropdown

2. For searching registrants by event title, it is not possible. You can already select the event you want to see registrants from events filter dropdown

3. The search plugin can only be used to allow searching event. It is not possible to use it for indexing and making registrants searchable

Regards,

Tuan
    The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

• David Unwin
    • Topic Author
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    More
    3 months 14 hours ago #167988 by David Unwin
    Tuan,
    Thanks so much for this. I will download latest version and test. I will report back.
    Kind regards
    David

• David Unwin
    • Topic Author
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    More
    3 months 13 hours ago #167989 by David Unwin
    Tuan,
    I can confirm it works perfectly. Thank you so much for providing this update. Very much appreciated and as usual thanks for great support.
    Kind regards
    David

More
    3 months 8 hours ago #167992 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
    Great. Happy to hear that and thanks for the update, David

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc