Phone number with International Dialing code

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 months 5 days ago #167925 by Donal
Hi,

We use EB integrated with Acymailing. AcyM expect a certain phone number format, which is international code followed by a comma followed by the number with leading 0 stripped, e.g. 353, 87 999 1111.

I'm trying to figure out how to achieve this using custom fields. The normal expecation in Ireland is that people write their number like 087 999 1111, but we also take bookings from people in other countries.

Have you any suggestions for best practises? Looking at your demo, it looks like we could collect country and then query a table to get dialling code for that country.

This blog post details a very nice looking phone number input field... www.twilio.com/en-us/blog/international-...nput-html-javascript It results in a slightly different output format than I need, but at least its standardised.

Thanks for any input or suggestions you can provide
D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 5 days ago #167927 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Phone number with International Dialing code
Sorry Donal. The extension just stores the phone number as how users entered it. It does not have a to get dialling code base on the selected country

If something like that is really needed, I'm afraid of you will need to find someone to customize the code for you

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc