Coupon Code Documentation

• Birdwaves Media
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #167853 by Birdwaves Media
Coupon Code Documentation was created by Birdwaves Media
HI,
I am setting up a coupon to use as an early bird discount. In another post, I had asked if you can set both a start and end time for the early bird feature. Since that is not available, I realized that it could possibly be done with a coupon.
I'm looking at the documentation on Coupons, and it doesn't quite match up. The documentation references "Apply To" but I don't see it. Also in addition to "Times" there is "Times Used" and "Max Usages Per User". Can you explain the differences?
I am trying to set up a $30 discount. We have 3 events per year. If the user pays in full they can apply the $30 discount per show. So if they sign up for all three shows and pay in full, they'd get a total of $90 off.
How would I set that up?

Thanks!
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Birdwaves Media. Reason: Removed ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 1 week ago #167859 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Coupon Code Documentation
Hi

1. The Apply To setting will only be available/used if you use individual/group registration. I guess you are using shopping cart, and that's the reason you do not see the setting

2. Times if entered, will control maximum number of times the coupon code can be used by everyone

3. Times Used just record total number of times that coupon code has been used by users on your site

4. Max Usages Per User: Similar with Times, but this control maximum number of times the coupon code can be used by a single user.

For your need, I guess coupon code won't work. However, Discount Bundles would help. See docs.joomdonation.com/eventsbooking/basi...tup/discount-bundles for documentation

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birdwaves Media

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc