Emails are no longer delivered.

• Martin Grunert
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164524 by Martin Grunert
Emails are no longer delivered. was created by Martin Grunert
For some time now, I have had problems with customers with a Hotmail or Gmail address no longer receiving an e-mail confirmation after making a reservation.

The following error message appears:    host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [66.102.1.27]    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:    550-5.7.26 This mail has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated.    550-5.7.26 Gmail requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM.    550-5.7.26    550-5.7.26  Authentication results:    550-5.7.26  DKIM = did not pass    550-5.7.26  SPF [sv-clownfische.at] with ip: [192.162.87.101] = did not pass    550-5.7.26    550-5.7.26  For instructions on setting up authentication, go to    550 5.7.26  support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication f11-20020adff58b000000b0033cfbe57b36si2049294wro.816 - gsmtp
DKIM is set up and activated at Microsoft (the recipient email is an MS365 account). If you send a message via the website using the contact form, Hotmail and Gmail addresses are also accepted and the mails are delivered to the customers.

The problem only occurs with bookings via EB.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164525 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Emails are no longer delivered.
Hi Martin

In short, email is delivered by mail server of your hosting provider. So for this, better contact your hosting provider support, ask them to see why email could not be delivered to these email address like that. They should be able to check and solve the issue for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Martin Grunert
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164526 by Martin Grunert
Replied by Martin Grunert on topic Emails are no longer delivered.
Hello Tuan,

I agree with you one hundred per cent.

I only asked here after Microsoft support said it wasn't their fault, everything was set up and my provider said there was nothing they could do.

I feel like I'm being pushed back and forth ;)

best regards,

Martin

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164536 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Martin

This, honestly, out of our control, too. At the end, Events Booking, like any other Joomla extensions, just use Joomla core API for sending email. It's up to mail server to deliver email to the target email address

You might want to look at sendgrid.com/en-us/blog/gmail-yahoo-sender-requirements , I noticed two things :

- 1. Set up SPF and DKIM email authentication for your domain.
- 2. Ensure that sending domains or IPs have valid forward and reverse DNS records, also referred to as PTR records

Surely, this is something from server level. Personal, on our website, we use sendgrid and had to make some adjustments to DNS records of our domain, too (base on instructions from sendgrid). Maybe you would need to do the same. I do not have good experience with server management to give you instructions, but your hosting provider should be able to assist

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 months 6 days ago #164777 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Emails are no longer delivered.
I had this from smtp.com. It might help

As your trusted Email Service Provider, we are dedicated to equipping you with the necessary tools and practices to navigate the upcoming changes from Gmail and Yahoo! commencing in February. In line with this commitment, we would like to draw your attention to two critical aspects that can significantly impact the success of your email campaigns:
1. Using Business Domains for Email Communications
To align with upcoming Gmail and Yahoo! changes, it’s vital to discontinue the use of free email addresses as your "From" email addresses. It is highly recommended to transition to a domain that aligns with your brand to keep up with evolving standards and email authentication requirements.
Along with following the changing industry standards, the use of a business domain not only enhances the professional appearance of your emails but also plays a crucial role in establishing a positive reputation for your domain and deliverability.
2. Validating From Domains through Authentication
Both Gmail and Yahoo emphasize the importance of setting up email authentication methods for your domain to protect recipients from malicious messages and reduce the likelihood of your emails being marked as spam.
All senders will need to ensure that the following authentication protocols have been set up in place before February 2024:
o SPF (Sender Policy Framework): Publish valid SPF records to specify the list of IPs allowed to send mail for your domain. This helps in rejecting messages originating from IPs not listed in your domain's SPF record.
o DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail): Authenticate every email with DKIM, creating a signature of the message's content. This signature allows the email provider to associate the email with the sender and verify that the content has not been altered during transmission.
o DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance): Implement a DMARC policy for each domain sending mail. This policy indicates that your messages are protected by DKIM and/or SPF and provides instructions to the receiver on what to do if these authentication methods fail.

More
2 months 5 days ago #164780 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Paul for the useful information. These changes, are something need to be done from hosting provider, so if anyone has the issue, please contact hosting provider and ask them for support

Regards,

Tuan

• Martin Grunert
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 5 days ago #164799 by Martin Grunert
Replied by Martin Grunert on topic Emails are no longer delivered.
Hi Paul,

thanks for the tip.

I have gone through all the steps. Microsoft should also display everything correctly. They say they are no longer responsible as everything works from their side.

But the mails are still not arriving.

I'll open another support ticket with Microsoft and pester them a bit. The error must lie somewhere.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc