Invalid Verification Code Entered - Events Booking

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #164456 by Wynand Louw
When a Registrant registers for an event using Firefox with Events Booking, the following message is displayed after you try to register and accept the privacy policy etc.
Invalid Verification Code Entered

All the data entered is still there except the selections for the privacy policy etc.

when you select it again and submit the registrant is registered. It does not happen on Edge or Chrome, only Firefox.

It is not a train smash, was just wondering why that would happen. Must be something in Firefox I presume. 
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Wynand Louw. Reason: It should be in Events booking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164457 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Invalid Verification Code Entered - Events Booking
Hello

Look like the captcha plugin which you are using does not work well on Firefox for some reasons. To prevent that error, I guess you will have to find a different captcha plugin to use or disable captcha in Events Booking

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 months 6 days ago - 2 months 6 days ago #164792 by Marlon Clarke
Replied by Marlon Clarke on topic Invalid Verification Code Entered - Events Booking
Hi Tuan. I am having this exact issue, also with Event Booking, but on Google Chrome & Brave browsers.
Just like Wynand stated, all the information is retained, except for the "Thumb Image," and it goes through successfully on the second attempt.
I use CAPTCHA - Invisible reCAPTCHA plugin.

If I remember correctly, I had the native "CAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA" as the default in Global Configuration in Joomla 4, and the Invisible reCAPTCHA on other parts of the site, because I had some type of issue with Invisible reCAPTCHA and Event Booking.

I've now made Invisible reCAPTCHA the default in Global Config and everything else works fine except Event Booking's frontend submissions.
I can register new accounts & used the contact form without issue.

Regards,

Marlon
Last edit: 2 months 6 days ago by Marlon Clarke. Reason: highlight

More
2 months 6 days ago #164793 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Invalid Verification Code Entered - Events Booking
Hi Marlon

For the time being, I think you will need to disable captcha in Events Booking. This is really out of our control because the validation is handled by Joomla and Google recaptcha issue, Events Booking just calls the API to perform validation.

I'm planning to implement a new captcha plugin ourself. Will update you when it is available

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 months 6 days ago #164794 by Marlon Clarke
Replied by Marlon Clarke on topic Invalid Verification Code Entered - Events Booking
Thanks. Will do

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 6 days ago #164800 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic Invalid Verification Code Entered - Events Booking
I have resolved it by using Aimy Captchaless Form Gaurd as a replacement for the Google-linked ReCaptcha. Works fine for me. The only challenge is if the human auto-completes the form too quickly then they are classified as a robot.

So I have a notification on the registration not to auto-complete quicker than 7seconds

So far it seems to work great on all my forms.

More
2 months 6 days ago #164802 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Wynand. I wonder if it works well for group registration? We need to have reliable captcha plugin

Tuan

More
2 months 1 day ago #164944 by Ed Taleysnik
Replied by Ed Taleysnik on topic Invalid Verification Code Entered - Events Booking
The same issue with hCaptcha\JoomDonation 5.10.3\Joomla 3.10

More
2 months 1 day ago #164948 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
We will soon release our own captcha plugin. That should help addressing these issues

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc