Problem with Registration History Page and PayPal Plugin

• Joshua Goldberg
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #157662 by Joshua Goldberg
I've just discovered something rather disturbing. I had given my participants the ability to pay for their events/past events where they had previously chosen offline payment using the "Make Payment" button on the Registration History page.
But it turns out, that by allowing that, there's a bug where they can make themselves dissapear from the roster and their debt is wiped away.
When the user clicks "Make Payment" and then chooses a payment method and then clicks "Process registration" their payment method is immediately changed, and their payment status set to "Pending" and they are taken to the payment processor Page (iDeal, PayPal, etc).
If they choose "cancel and go back to merchant", they are taken to a page that says "Your registration has been cancelled."
They no longer show up at all in backend registrant management, even though they're in the DB. 
I knew the registration id of the test case, so I was able to load it. 
His payment method shows as "PayPal" and his payment status still shows "Pending". It seems this is not a use case you allowed for in your display code, so the registration is totally hidden.
This is a BIG problem, as it's a get-out-of-debt free card for users who registered and are now trying to make payment

The registration history page needs to restore their previous payment method and status if they back out of the payment process.

File Attachment:

File Name: Problemwit...ory.docx
File Size:570 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #157663 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
This honestly, quite hard because when users redirect to PayPal website for example, they can just close the browser and do not make payment

I will try to find a solution for this problem. But it would require modifying code on different places in the extension

Will update you if I can come up with a solution

Tuan

• Joshua Goldberg
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #158438 by Joshua Goldberg
Replied by Joshua Goldberg on topic Problem with Registration History Page and PayPal Plugin
Hi Tuan,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I think the simplest solution would be to not alter the registration status of the historical registration before sending the user to the payment page. It should be left on "Offline Payment" / "Pending" until a successful payment is made. Once the payment processor returns them to our page, then we would update the Payment method, transaction ID, and payment status all at once.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #158440 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Unfortunately, that won't work. I will need to find a different solution.

• Joshua Goldberg
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #161189 by Joshua Goldberg
Replied by Joshua Goldberg on topic Problem with Registration History Page and PayPal Plugin
Hi Tuan,

Any chance of this being fixed sometime soon?

Kind regards,

Josh

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #161192 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry Josh. I completely forgot about this issue. I will try to look at it and get it sorted ASAP (will inform you as soon as it is fixed)

Regards,

Tuan

• Joshua Goldberg
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #162124 by Joshua Goldberg
Hi Tuan,

Any news? My next event is coming up soon and having this working would be very handy :)

Kind regards,

Josh

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #162129 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Josh

I managed to fix it. Please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package, upgrade it to your site. Then try again, the issue should be fixed

Regards,

Tuan

• Joshua Goldberg
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #162135 by Joshua Goldberg
Hi Tuan,

On the Downloads page, I'm still seeing version 4.6.1 (the version from mid-october). Is there a newer one I should be seeing?
I just tested with 4.6.1 and the problem still exists in that one.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #162136 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I updated the code without changing version number. So please download the latest package from My Downloads section, then upgrade it to your site and check it again

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc