Need to install a second instance/copy

• jeff@marymoor.com
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #7458 by jeff@marymoor.com
Need to install a second instance/copy was created by jeff@marymoor.com
Hi,

First let me say that this component rocks! Very flexible and I have been using it very successfully. The ability to customize all the strings is invaluable!!!

Here's the problem I need to solve: I need to let people register for a second kind of event, but I have customized both the Translation fields and the email Messages so that they are specific to the first kind of event. In other words, I need different strings for each type of event.

It seems like the simplest solution would be to install a second instance (i.e. a second copy) of Event Booking on my site. I tried editing the install.eventbooking.php file to specify a different destination folder, but that didn't work.

Question: What do I need to change in order to install a second instance/copy of EventBooking? (In other words, how do I get EB to install to a different folder and use a different DB?)

Thanks!!!

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #7460 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Need to install a second instance/copy
Hi

Making a clone of Event Booking is not simple and I am afraid of you cannot do it yourself . There are many places we need to change :

1. Component Code .

2. Database table name.

In this case, maybe the simplest solution is :

1. You hire us to do the clone for you . It will cost you something around $80 .

2. You can use a different event registration extension for your second kind of event .

Thanks,

Tuan

• jeff@marymoor.com
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #7478 by jeff@marymoor.com
Replied by jeff@marymoor.com on topic Re: Need to install a second instance/copy
Don't want to use a different one, as yours works pretty well. I may need to customize it a bit for my needs, however.

I figured out how to install a second instance: the steps you mention via global search & replace, plus a few other tweaks. The biggest problem was understanding how Joomla! decides the directory to install the component into...turns out its the <name> field in the eventbooking.xml file.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc