Ticket type discounts

• Christina
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #156960 by Christina
Ticket type discounts was created by Christina
Is it possible to set discounts for certain tickets rather than across all?
For example, if a registered user assigned to the member user group logs in and selects 3 types of tickets for an event (participant, observer, parent) I want the discount to apply to the participant ticket but not to the observer and parent tickets.

I can set the discount to the member group in the discount settings of the event but it applies across all tickets purchased which is not useful. 
I've done a workaround by adding member tickets that give the discount however it relies on user honesty and also has confused people signing up for the event.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #156966 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ticket type discounts
Hi Christina

Unfortunately, currently, we do not have a way to allow controlling discount setup for individual ticket types in the extension. I will monitor customer requests, if there are more customers need it, we will consider supporting it in the future

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #164231 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Ticket type discounts
Tuan, I *think* this is the same issue I was discussing in my support request [#131870].
"Discount Settings" is a great feature for Individual Registrations because it automates an appropriate discount according to the membership type of the individual.
BUT ... it does NOT work logically if we offer group bookings as well.
In a group booking the discount setting is applied for EVERY registrant across the whole group if the individual booking for the group is eligible for a discount. Conversely it does NOT apply a discount across all registrants if the person booking the tickets is NOT eligible for a discount.
This bulk discount for groups really makes no sense in a typical use case in my view, it depends on the status of each individual in the group.
So if we allow group bookings we are required to IGNORE the Discount Settings feature altogether (which is a shame).
As an alternative workaround we can separate the individual bookings with the group bookings (on the same event) as if they were two separate events (which is a pain). The individuals get the appropriate discount and the group bookings are required to state each individual status (trust)
The only partial solution I can suggest is to allow an option in the Discount Settings config to be 'Apply to Individuals only'.
This would at least allow us to use the automated discounts for all individuals, then we can use custom fields for Group bookings (relying on their honesty for each individual in the group).
It is not a perfect solution but it would be much better than having to create 'two' events for the one event (one for individuals and one fro groups) which is my current workaround.

Hope this makes sense...
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by intouchweb.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164279 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ticket type discounts
Hi Mark

Isn't in each event, we have Members Discount Apply For setting already? Set it to Each Registration should address your concern

Tuan

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164280 by intouchweb
That would then apply the discount to the person logged in only.
What if others in the group booking are eligible for a discount

When offering group registration, only one person is logging in to make the booking and pay the fee for all the others.
The person logging in may or may not be a member but in group bookings that is NOT important.
ALSO the people they are registering for may or may not be members, or they may be difefrent TYPES of members, eligible for different discounts...
eg There may be 5 registants being booked, two of them should pay 100%, two of them are eligible for a 50% discount and one should be free
Obviously the system doesn't know what to charge each registrant, so we have to ask the person booking for them what is each registrant's membership level. 

SO... the discount feature just can NOT be used for typical group bookings.

We have to ask the person logged in whether the others are members or not and then trust them (or manually check).
This can easily be done with custom fields and is not a big problem for us because the majority of bookings are individuals..

BUT the real problem is...
Because we do not have an option to use the discounts feature ONLY for Individuals, we therefore have to turn the feture OFF completely for everyone.
This means we now have to ask ALL registrants if they are members, which seems really strange to them as they are logged in and they would naturally expect the system to know if they are members.

The only other option is to create two events listings for the same event (one for individuals and one for group bnookings).
Then we set auto discounts for the individuals and turn it off for group bookings.
This is smoother for the users but a pain for admins.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164283 by intouchweb
We simply need a config option in Discounts that says 'Apply Discounts to Individuals only' and I suppose for other cases you may as well add an option "Apply Discounts to Group Bookings Only" and "Apply Discounts to all Bookings" with the last one being the default.

This would at least allow us to use the discount feature for individuals instead of asking them if they are members.
The groups can be turned off and set up custom fields to determine the discounts of each individual in the group
I hope this makes sense

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #164284 by intouchweb
Something like this (attached) 
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by intouchweb.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc