Gift Vouchers

• Rusty
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #148305 by Rusty
Gift Vouchers was created by Rusty
Is there anyway to allow customers to buy Gift Vouchers, which they can give as gifts for other customers to use as payment?
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #148308 by David Rich
Replied by David Rich on topic Gift Vouchers
I actually just logged in to search for this exact same topic.

I see from a year ago you guys have another program called "EB Voucher", but it sounds like it would require a purchaser to create an account to apply the credit created. I'm using Event Booking by not allowing folks to create user accounts, so the EB Voucher option wouldn't work.  I've thought about creating the User Email that's generated once payment has been made into a Gift Certificate, but I don't want every event to get the certificated/voucher email, only the "Gift Certificate" event I created.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by David Rich.

More
2 years 4 months ago #148314 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Gift Vouchers
Hi David

Actually, no account creation is needed. Someone can makes payment and the system will send a voucher code to him with that payment amount

He can then uses that voucher code to register for events in Events Booking (until the remaining money in the voucher code is zero)

Regards,

Tuan

• Rusty
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #148320 by Rusty
Replied by Rusty on topic Gift Vouchers
This is a great solution, but I can't find EB Voucher anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

More
2 years 4 months ago #148323 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

It would require using Payment Form extension. So you need to use Payment Form extension to have this feature

Basically, you create a form in Payment Form to allow users to make payment. When payment is processed, the EB Voucher plugin will create a voucher code and send it to user who makes that payment

Regards,

Tuan

• Rusty
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #148326 by Rusty
This sounds perfect. Can we style the voucher the user receives?

More
2 years 4 months ago #148329 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's actually just a simple string to show the voucher code. So there is nothing to style here

Tuan

• Rusty
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #148330 by Rusty
But could we create something so it could be printed out on A4? So it looks like a voucher?

More
2 years 4 months ago #148331 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Maybe use invoice for that purpose. I'm unsure. If you want, you can purchase a copy of payment form to setup this feature. If it is not working as expected, you can request us for refund

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 4 months ago #148339 by David Rich
Replied by David Rich on topic Gift Vouchers
I may have thought up a different way, one in which the buyer/customer would receive an actual gift certificate/voucher once paid.
I created a new event with a date years in the future. I called it "Gift Certificate for Class" and also created a new category with the same name. By it having it's own category, I can create a menu listing for that category only, vs. one with all the events, including this new one.
I then went into the new event, and on the Admin and User emails, I created a gift certificate as the actual email. I used some of the allowed tags so the certificate has the customer's name, date purchased, dollar value and ticket (registration) number.
I also set up the payment allowed for this event so one can't purchase it offline; this way the email they receive will only be sent if they finish the registration and pay for it; if they don't pay for the registration, it won't complete.
I'm thinking this may solve the problem; still have to test it.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc