No way to duplicate or import an event content to become a parent event ?

• Patrick Toulze
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #144380 by Patrick Toulze
My events will ALL be recurring events. I will have many type of <strong>Parents events</strong> - 16 to 20 types and <strong>more to come.</strong>.. <br />— All these parent events will mostly have small changes in description and other minor details.<br /><br />Sadly I don’t see any way to easily create my <strong>Parents events</strong> from a Master Event as Parent Events need to be made from NEW event.<br /><br /><strong>Maybe it is a way???? — Do you know a way????</strong><br /><br />Without that possibility I will have to painfully recreate my <strong>Parents events from scratch forever even if they are similars<br /><br />Not Cool!</strong>
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Patrick Toulze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #144383 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I'm unsure but I think you can click on that event to edit, then press Save As Copy button in the toolbar to create a copy of that event

Will that work? Or you want something different?

Tuan

• Patrick Toulze
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 10 months ago #144407 by Patrick Toulze
Yes, you can duplicate events with “Save As Copy” but the copy doesnt have the “Recurring Settings”  — This mean that you always have to create “Parents” events from scratch.

In my case, it will render the work on events extremely tedious.

“Save As Copy

“New Events”

More
2 years 10 months ago #144410 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
In my test (local computer), I can still edit parent recurring event, press Save As Copy button to create a new recurring event. Maybe you are not editing a parent event but editing a child event?

Attachments:

• Patrick Toulze
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 10 months ago #144471 by Patrick Toulze
Ok, I understand. My bad! 
— I was using an already save UNIQUE (not a parent) event and was thinking that when you “Save a copy” the Recurrent settings will be there.

Tell me if it’s the way to do it ?
I need to open and edit my “Master” PARENT Event, change all elements that are different (time, date, recurrence, whatever...) and use the “Save a copy” 

When doing that; the original Parent event stay untouched and you end up with a brand new set of Parent/childs events based on the original.

More
2 years 10 months ago #144475 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's right. When you use Save As Copy, the new event will be created. The original event will remain unchanged

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick Toulze

• Patrick Toulze
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 10 months ago #144493 by Patrick Toulze

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc