Advantages to the config “Include Group Members Record in Registrants Management

• Patrick Toulze
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #143906 by Patrick Toulze
What are the advantages/disadvantages to the configuration “Include Group Members Record in Registrants Management”?

I’m not sure how to set it?

I will have tendency to leave it off to simplify the Registrant management tab, but I’m sure it’s probably some advantages to have separate records? are they?

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Patrick Toulze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #143913 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For a group registration, for example, for 2 members, there would be actually 3 registration records stored in the system:

- One billing registration record
- Two group members records

In some case, you would only want to see the actual registrants data (mean group members record in this case) and you would set that config option to Yes so that these group member records will be displayed in registrants management screen

That's designed for that purpose. Hope you get the idea. Some customers don't care about the billing records, so they even set Include Group Billing Records In Registrants Management to No, too

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick Toulze

• Patrick Toulze
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 10 months ago #143918 by Patrick Toulze

More
2 years 10 months ago #143921 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

More
2 years 9 months ago #144520 by Peter O'Toole
I had this set to No so that I don't see the group billing record in registrants management but when I delete registrants from an old event on the back end interface it deletes the group member records but not the group billing record. This sort of makes sense however it caused an issue as we prevent duplicate bookings and when I reused an old event some club members couldn't register even though I had cleared out the registrants because of the hidden group billing records. I ended up going into the database to delete the records manually.
I thought this might be a bug but after reading this thread I've just set it to Yes so I can see the group billing records and will keep an eye on it next time I have to clear out registrations.
Cheers Peter

More
2 years 9 months ago #144524 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Peter

In theory, the way the extension is programmed is that if you delete all group members, then the group billing record will be deleted automatically, too

Could you please try that?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc