Is it possible to link to a Joomla article from search results or category view?

• Jörg Leske
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #140859 by Jörg Leske
Hi,
I have difficulties to integrate EB in my webpage layout.I know that I can change the layout and create customer overrides but I would prefer to have the possibility to link to a Joomla article in the category or upcoming events view. I'm using a template with CMS Blue Pagebuilder with the possibility to place modules anywhere. Currently, the link created by EB in the category item links to name_categoy.html where the layout doesnt really fit to my webpage and my intended layout. So do all other subpage in the further workflow. Also the top of the linked page is partially truncated (see picture).
Is there a possibility to redirect the header link of the category view or upcoming event view to an article? Ideally the menu entry would match the category name.
Jörg

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140863 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Jörg

Sorry, but it is not possible. I don't understand why you want the header of category to article? It should be linked to the category page of Events Booking so that events from that category will be displayed to allow users to register

Tuan

• Jörg Leske
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #140864 by Jörg Leske
Hi Tuan,
I think this is a misunderstanding. I wanted to have the result page from the category view, i.e. list of events from that category in the same layout as the pages from my Joomla Template. I thought this could be possible by using the query string of the EB view module where you have the ItemID field.
Best,
Jörg

More
3 years 3 months ago #140869 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is still not clear to me about what you are trying to do. Do you want to display events from certain category in a Joomla article? If so, use this plugin would help eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/content-category

Tuan

• Jörg Leske
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #140880 by Jörg Leske
Yes - I know the plugins and modules of EB. I was trying to display the results (lets say events of a specific category) and all further subpages generated by EB in a specific position of my template.
However, it seems that I have to make customized pages then.
Thank you very much for your time!
Jörg

More
3 years 3 months ago #140884 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jörg

These pages (of EB), like any pages generated by components, will be in component section of your site template

Look like you want it to be displayed in a specific solution like a module? If so, I'm afraid of it is not possible

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc