"hourly" recurring Event for a limited registrants number

• roberta
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #138011 by roberta
Hi all
I'm looking for a solution to a problem: with the Covid19 new rules here in Italy I need to grant access to a limited number of person together in the same exposition place where my events are. Instead of let people in queue, I would like to allow them to book for different moments during the day, so queues will be shorter and people happier.
I see that recurring events in EB can be set only in different days... I read in documentation but I think that it is not possible to set 4 recurring events in a day. Is it correct? Can you suggest any workaround to do this?
Thank you for any suggestion!

Roberta
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by roberta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #138017 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Roberta

We do not support that kind of recurring event. Maybe you can setup these kind of events using additional dates plugin, see eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/additional-dates

Regards,

Tuan

• roberta
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #138152 by roberta
Hello Tuan,
thank you for your kind answer;
I read almost everything about additional dates in forum and documentation, and I think it could be ok for my needs.

Please,I have another question: s it possible to insert/manage "additionall dates" from frontend?

Than you very much!

Roberta

More
3 years 6 months ago #138158 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Roberta

You can try but I could not confirm that it works well because that plugin uses Joomla repeatable form field and some templates do not style for it very well in the frontend

Go to Extensions -> Plugins, find the plugin Events Booking - Additional Dates, click on it to edit, set Show on frontend parameter to Yes.

Then you should see that option on frontend submit event form

Tuan

• roberta
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #138238 by roberta
Hello Tuan, thank you for your answer.
I tried to find this parameter in "additional dates" plugin, but I see only "max number dates" as a parameter, and nothing else.
Where am I wrong?
Maybe my plugin is outdated?

thank you for your assistance

Roberta

More
3 years 6 months ago #138240 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Roberta

Maybe you are not using latest version of the extension? If so, please update your site to latest version (3.13.1 at the moment) to use this feature

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc