Zoom Integration

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #136522 by intouchweb
Zoom Integration was created by intouchweb
Can someone please outline the steps required to integrate Events Booking with Zoom for live webinars. I have added the "Events Booking - Zoom" plugin but I am unsure about establishing the "JWT Token"? The help link at marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/jwt-app talks about creating an app? We haven't yet opened our Pro account so maybe this becomes clearer once I can log in.

Also, what does the integration actually achieve?
Does it mean registrants through Event Booking are automatically listed as registrants in the Zoom account?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #136541 by Geoffrey Smith
Replied by Geoffrey Smith on topic Zoom Integration
Check the online documentation for events booking zoom integration here: eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/zoom-integration

all we have is just this breath

More
3 years 7 months ago #136567 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Zoom Integration
@intouchweb From what I see, free accounts won't be allowed to use Zoom API, so Yes, you need to have paid account to be able to use this integration.

And Yes, you are correct. When you use this integration, registrants who registers for your events via Events Booking will be added as Zoom registrants automatically

Regards,

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #136812 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Zoom Integration
Thank you, I am a little unsure of the importance of setting the expiration time of the JWT token. When the token expires will the integration with Events Booking stop working, or is this time relevant only when setting up the plugin?
Your help screen says this: "Please also remember to set Expiration Time to a future date (at least to the date which you stop accepting registration for your event)" which implies it will need to be set up again for every event?
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by intouchweb.

More
3 years 7 months ago #136824 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

When the JWT token expired, the zoom plugin won't be able to add registrants into zoom

So registration will still works in Events Booking, it just cannot add registrants to zoom only

Hope the answer is clear to you

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #136838 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Zoom Integration
Yes I understand now thank you Tuan. So once the JWT token expires the plugin no longer functions as intended. Do you think it ok then to set the expiry date many years into the future so the plugin continues working OR should we be creating a new JWT token for every new webinar event? (I notice they said that the token is meant to be temporary, but not sure why this would matter?)
Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by intouchweb.

More
3 years 7 months ago #136840 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No need to create new token for each new webinar event. Just set expiry date to few years in the future so that it will continue working as expected (and you don't have to care about it in the next 2 years for example)

That should be fine

Tuan

More
3 years 6 months ago #137952 by Chris Elliott
Replied by Chris Elliott on topic Zoom Integration
Hi. Docs state:

If you want to send meeting/webibar information to your registrant, you can use the following tags in the email message

[ZOOM_START_TIME] : Start time of the meeting/webinar

[ZOOM_JOIN_URL] : URL to join the meeting/webinar

[ZOOM_TOPIC] : Topic of the meeting/webinar

I have added these shortcodes (ensured no styling) and, despite having a JWT code and plugin enabled, and adding a meeting code to the event, the plugin is not converting the short codes to actual Zoom values. Am I missing a step?

Chris

More
3 years 6 months ago #137954 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Chris

We will have to check it directly on your site to see what's wrong. From my experience, maybe the error happens because:

1. You do not have a paid zoom account, so Zoom does not allow you to use their API

2. Or maybe you do not have Registration Enabled (in your Webinar/Meeting setting in Zoom)

Please check that again and get back to me. If it's needed, you can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and tell me ID of your test registration record. I will check the log to see the reason to see why it's not working and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 6 months ago #138010 by Chris Elliott
Replied by Chris Elliott on topic Zoom Integration
I have created a ticket for this. Id=104273

Thanks!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc