Can I link custom fields with Joomla user custom fields

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #136451 by Stephan Hodges
I would like to capture some of the custom Event Booking fields and have them populate a Joomla user's custom fields.

The Event Booking (EB) registration process does create a new Joomla user if necessary, so I'm hoping there's already a way to do something with other "custom" fields.

Specifically
  • The standard Joomla user has "Name", "Login Name", "Password", "Email".
  • I already have custom EB fields "First Name", "Last Name", "Phone", and 5 different address fields.
  • Would it be possible to have these custom EB fields automatically fill in new corresponding custom fields I would create in Joomla for each user? I.E. either create the same exact field (if needed) or somehow link these EB custom fields to Joomla User Custom fields?

For example, if I create a "Phone" custom user field, I'd like the value entered during registration to fill in the standard Joomla user's custom "phone" field.

I've looked through the documentation on "Custom Fields" at eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-setup/custom-fields but didn't find anything about this.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136453 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #136466 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Can I link custom fields with Joomla user custom fields
Thanks. I wouldn't have found that in the documentation!

May I suggest that you add a link in the custom fields section of the documentation describing this feature, and then cross linking to it?

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #136468 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Can I link custom fields with Joomla user custom fields
Sorry, quick question...

What happens to the 3 existing fields in the Joomla user? "login name", "password", and "email"?

Are they still automatically populating the user's fields after enabling this plugin?

Second, if I assign a field to one of these fields, does it go to the Joomla default field AND the assigned field or only to the assigned field?

Example: "email" was already populating the Joomla user when a new user registers. I cannot create a custom Joomla field for "email", since it's a built in field.

Third, is there a way to back fill existing registration records to the corresponding Joomla user record now that I've added the custom fields to the Joomla record?
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Stephan Hodges. Reason: One more question

More
3 years 8 months ago #136469 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Can I link custom fields with Joomla user custom fields
Hello

Don't worry about username, password and email field. It's handled automatically by the system, so you do not need to map these fields

I don't understand your last question. Could you please explain more details about it?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc