Upgrade to new version of Event Booking and coupons

• Nicola Bernardi
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #136442 by Nicola Bernardi
Hi,

since 2 years ago i have installed Event Booking version 2.11.1 on my site and it works fine. However, now i need to create one coupon code which should be used from all my users, by just one time each of them. If they alreaady used the coupon for an event, should be not possible use it again for a another event. In my version it seems that is not possible to do so, for i should create many coupons, one for each user.

Then, i would like ask you:

1) if i purchase the new version of Event Booking 3.12.3 on my site (I have Joomla 3.9.19), can i upload it directly and i will update my version without some loss of my existing venues, events, and subiscritions from users?

2) with the new versione of Event Booking, is it possible to create a single coupon that all users can use just one time?

Please let me know so i will purchase the new version

Nicola

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #136443 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Upgrade to new version of Event Booking and coupons
Hi Nicola

I answered your questions via support ticket. Here are the answers again in case someone has same questions:

Hi Nicola

1. Yes, you can update. All your existing data will be kept

2. Yes. For that coupon, you just need to set Max Usages Per User setting to 1 and each user can only use that coupon code for one time

Tuan

More
1 year 6 months ago #154336 by OTWD
Max Usages Per User - do the users need to be registered users to allow only 1 use? Client says they set this value to 1 on a public event and the coupon can no longer be accessed by anyone else after one usage by a single user.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

More
1 year 6 months ago #154344 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Upgrade to new version of Event Booking and coupons
Hello

Yes. Users need to be registered users to allow only 1 use. Without having user account, I would say that this setting is useless

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc