Sorting out automatic Zoom registration

• Alison
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #135499 by Alison
HI Tuan

Thank you to you and all those who contributed to developing the Zoom plugin, it is awesome.
However I have a problem (no change there then :dry: )

Our events are quite unusual because our members book for them and we only use offline payment (because our members cannot pay online due to the nature of the business - local councils).

I have tried registering using offline and then manually marking the registration as paid, but this does not add the registrant to the zoom meeting.
Is there a way around this? Can we mark all registrations as paid even when using offline payment (I will then manually set them to unpaid once I am sure the zoom registration has worked ok).

This plugin could save me so much time if only I can get it to work with our system.
Thanks for your time and help
Alison
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Alison.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alison
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #135500 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Sorting out automatic Zoom registration
OK, I have found that I can automatically mark 'offline payments' as paid.
So I will do that and then mark them as unpaid manually when I get the notification. This way the registrants will automatically get the zoom details.

A bit clunky, but I get why they need to be marked as paid.

I cannot get it to work, however, with group registration.

Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Alison.

More
3 years 10 months ago #135503 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Sorting out automatic Zoom registration
Hello Alison

It makes sense to only add registrants to zoom only when their registration is marked as Paid. That will prevent someone registers for event using offline payment (Pending status) but does not make payment. If we still add him to zoom, he will be able to access to your meeting without actually making payment and I don't think it's right

For group registration, exactly what's wrong with it?

Tuan

• Alison
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #135514 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Sorting out automatic Zoom registration
thanks Tuan, yes I agree that this makes sense for the status to be paid and I have found the workaround in the offline payment set up.

When I set an event to group registration and then register 2 people it is not adding them to the zoom meeting. I will keep trying and it is not critical as I can use individual booking, it just makes it harder for those wishing to register more than one person.

As I say, I will keep testing it.
Thanks for your time and input
Alison

More
3 years 10 months ago #135519 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Sorting out automatic Zoom registration
Hi Alison

Currently, we do not add group members to zoom. So maybe in this case, the person who performs registration should send the zoom URL to each of his group members

I will think more about this case and might improve it in the future when I'm less busy. Currently, I'm so busy and could not look at it immediately

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc