Conditional Display of Text in Emails for virtual meetings

• Annamarie Hessman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134489 by Annamarie Hessman
I just found out I can use custom fields in email messages (thank you!) and I have set up our User Email after registration to contain some new fields for virtual meetings. This is a huge improvement because I don't have to go copy the email from the main area to the event and edit it to contain the virtual meeting information; however, it is not elegant in two ways:

1. I really only want to display this block of text and fields if a virtual meeting is defined
2. The textarea field is very short on the input screen, and the line breaks were lost in the email body (maybe I need to put HTML in instead?).

Is there any way to "conditionally display" a block of text/fields in the registration email?

Here is the block of text and user fields that I used:
If this is a virtual event, join us via Zoom Meeting:

URL: [virtual_meeting_url]
Meeting ID: [virtual_meeting_id]
Password: [virtual_meeting_password]

[virtual_meeting_call-in]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Annamarie Hessman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134491 by Annamarie Hessman
Replied by Annamarie Hessman on topic Conditional Display of Text in Emails for virtual meetings
An update on the second issue: I just tried adding a radio button field as well, and the display on the "Extra Information" tab is unusable, whereas the textarea input is just challenging.

The XML for the user fields is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config>
<fields name="params">
<fieldset name="basic">
<field name="virtual_meeting_type" type="radio" default="0" label="Select an option" description="">
<option value="0">In Person Only</option>
<option value="1">On Line Only</option>
<option value="2">In Person with Virtual Option</option>
</field>
<field name="virtual_meeting_url" type="text" label="Virtual Meeting URL" size="100" description=""></field>
<field name="virtual_meeting_id" type="text" label="Virtual Meeding ID" size="50" description=""></field>
<field name="virtual_meeting_password" type="text" label="Virtual Meeting Password" size="50" description=""></field>
<field name="virtual_meeting_call-in" type="text" label="Virtual Call-In Information" size="255" description=""></field>
</fieldset>
</fields>
</config>

• Annamarie Hessman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134492 by Annamarie Hessman
Replied by Annamarie Hessman on topic Conditional Display of Text in Emails for virtual meetings
Here is how it renders on the screen

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc