How to use user defined fields in email notifications

• Andreas Konrad
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134367 by Andreas Konrad
We added some fields to the database. we are using these fields only for our internal use. But we want to use this data also in email notification. Is this possible and if so what keyword tag do I have to use in the email template?

Andreas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie Hessman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134369 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to use user defined fields in email notifications
The question is how do you add these fields? And how you enter data for these fields?

• Andreas Konrad
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134372 by Andreas Konrad
Replied by Andreas Konrad on topic How to use user defined fields in email notifications
Hi Tuan,
I added the fields with the function "user defined fields" within the setup area in EB. The registrants has no access to them and even they dont see them.
When I go to the attendees list, I can see these fields and can change them by myself. And thats the way we want to use it.
To make the email process easier for us we would like to put the (entered) data from these fields into emails (massemail).

Andreas

More
3 years 11 months ago #134377 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to use user defined fields in email notifications
Hi Andreas

Try to use the syntax [NAME_OF_FIELD_IN_UPPERCASE] in the email message. It should work OK

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie Hessman

• Annamarie Hessman
More
3 years 11 months ago #134488 by Annamarie Hessman
Replied by Annamarie Hessman on topic How to use user defined fields in email notifications
This is great!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc